9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
alduin says
Instead of complaining here, why don’t you contact support asking if they can arrange to have $35 deposited into your account. Wouldn’t that be much easier? The guys at Envato are more than willing to help, and I’m sure they could help you out.
+1

They won’t. I’ve tried.

burningstonecold
burningstonecold Recent Posts Threads Started
143 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
burningstonecold says

Well, Stick in $30. It won’t hurt, and you can spend $5 on a neat PHP script, music, graphics and more.

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
ThomasKrueger says

If I need a 35$ theme why do I have to deposit 40$ ? That’s a quite lame sales concept!

951 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Daan says
If I need a 35$ theme why do I have to deposit 40$ ? That’s a quite lame sales concept!

Well, then consider how much you need it, and think again. If you don’t actually need it, why are you complaining, if you do, you will probably have to deposit the $40..

btw, why are these topics bumped up all the time? :(

353 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chack says

Well, i can really feel with them.

I want that option to, just deposit that amount of money that you really need.

But also i can understand Envato ;) Itunes does the same…

382 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
blabus says

Obviously you don’t know a whole lot about sales- that’s a brilliant sales concept. :D

5 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Palusko says
It’s not ideal, but many factors go into the decision to enforce a minimum deposit. This is standard procedure on sites like this; it’s not uncommon in the least.
True, but maybe it is time to break away from the ‘business as usual’. I personally find it unfair, even though I make purchases quite often and do not have to worry about it too much. And frankly, the clause about keeping money if they are in the account for over a year is just plain wrong.
5 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Palusko says
I am looking at a $35 Wordpress theme for a client – that is ALL we want, for a specific project. If I have to (effectively) pay $40 for this $35 theme, that is not acceptable, and I will tell my designer to find another site/theme with a better purchase policy.

So, you’re refusing to purchase this theme over a difference of $5 in which you effectively still have at your disposal on the envato marketplaces (icons, backgrounds, scripts, etc.)?

While I understand disliking the idea of having to deposit more than necessary to purchase an item, $5 seems pretty silly. Plus, if this is for a client, who’s to say you won’t be back in a month or two to buy another one for a new client and end up using it?

But what if I want to purchase $2 background from Graphic River and have to deposit $20. That does make a difference, now, doesn’t it? I would suggest, that if this is the model Envato follows, maybe they could at least offer extra credit or something like that. You know, deposit $20, get a credit for $22, deposit $30, credit=$35 etc.

1913 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
TPN Envato team says

Why is there a minimum $20 deposit on the Marketplaces?

At this stage the marketplaces only accept payments in $10 increments from $20 up to $100. Some of our content on the marketplaces sells for as low as $1, so if we were to provide singular purchases for these items the transaction fees would make the transaction not viable for the marketplaces. However, we are aware that this system does not necessarily suit more casual users of our sites and are currently investigating alternative payment solutions to make more variable payment options available.

84 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
Creative32 says

Hmm. Here’s a thought:

dollar increments after a minimum solves the credit card fees. Okay, good. Now we can buy more expensive and complete themes on themeforest and activeden. But, what about those less useful, and cheaper themes on graphic river? $2, $3 seems too little to do increments due to credit card fees. I think envato is trying to get people to pay more for bigger themes and let the extra be spent on smaller, lower profile themes.

Just a thought.

by
by
by
by
by
by