Can I work with a designer and do the coding to sell a product on themeforest? Or if I own complete rights to a design am I allowed to sell them on themeforset? Any information would be helpful thanks!
There are a few ways to get round this:
1. You could pay the designer a set fee, and sell the design (or coded theme) and get 100% of the profits on TF.
2. You could split the profits 50/50 with a designer.
And yes, you can sell a design here, but it would be under the ‘PSD’ category.
- Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Referred between 100 and 199 users
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Microlancer Beta Tester
You can. I asked support about this. My question was about 2 users of the sites working together. So your friend is also registered, and uploads his work as a graphic on graphicriver. But allows you to use it in your own project here. It is allowed if both users write about this during the upload process in the notes to reviewers box.
Not sure how the profit share is done. If you can design too, and only need 1-2 elements from your friend, I advise not to do 50/50. Insted, come up with an idea of what you need, make the friend draw it, and then he can sell the proper full version on their account.
Conclusion: YOU are who supplied the creative idea. YOU only need a preview sized version of his work, or at least not full. HE can sell the full resolution, layered awesomeness. If you didn’t have the idea in the first place he wouldn’t have come up with the design. I know it might sound bad, as I got this in my face with someone I don’t like anymore, but this is how things work.