812 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
iamthwee says

Assuming the back looks like the front end it shouldn’t be too far off…Great job!

I still don’t like the heading typography. And the header banner just looks odd…Can’t put my finger on it. Maybe the menu should be positioned to the left.

Find some new social icons, maybe employ a transitional effect like the rest of your site (maybe getting lighter or darker). Do you have any short codes?

And did you pay for a dev license for the Slide Deck slider!!?? As I noticed there is no branding on it…

Yeah and I also agree with the slight issue to do with micro positioning.

812 posts
  • Exclusive Author
iamthwee says

A few more things would be good to have a branding logo of sorts.

That’s why I think it just doesn’t hit the spot.

204 posts
  • Greece
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
corethemes says

Thank you everyone for the input!

After popular demand, the headings font is gone :-) I am currently working on ironing out the spacing, and cleaning up the graphics. Also, big thanks to iamthwee, hadn’t noticed that DeckSlider is NOT free any more! Have to find another slider to implement.

PS: It would be really great if everyone could rate my theme on a scale of 10, get to know where I am ;-)

Thanks again, Nikos

812 posts
  • Exclusive Author
iamthwee says

Nice one…

I particularly like the Header typography in this theme: http://themes.zenthemes.net/?theme=gratitude

Hope I’m allowed to post a link… And think it will look good with your theme as it seems you are using the same typography for the body.

Also, I previously I said you your menu should be left aligned. I meant right aligned, that way the user has an option to upload a logo. Although I guess you could upload a logo on the right.

Also, I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but under the portfolio section the transitional effects are doing weird things. And are not properly aligning in the centre (the magnifying glass for example). (I’ve only tested this on Chrome winXP).

And you need a submit button on the contact us in the footer…

Oh and the terms and conditions, should be at the bottom IMO . It just looks odd at the top.

1141 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
KarmaThemes says

This will not get accepted I’m afraid. The contrast is lacking. The background is too dark. The shadows are too strong. The contact form in the footer is badly styled. The whitespace is not working. Where do people put their logo? You are justifying the text, this is not a book. The typography is still off and the background graphics are dirty.

All the best and good luck!

204 posts
  • Greece
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
corethemes says

This will not get accepted I’m afraid. The contrast is lacking. The background is too dark. The shadows are too strong. The contact form in the footer is badly styled. The whitespace is not working. Where do people put their logo? You are justifying the text, this is not a book. The typography is still off and the background graphics are dirty.

All the best and good luck!

Ouch! Talk about a harsh reviewer ;-)

I can use this though, thanks for your time. My biggest issues I believe are with typography and spacing, will work on those the most.

Could you give me your estimate, how close I am to approval, 10 being ready?

Thank you, Nikos

1672 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

At this point, your design looks like 3-4.

Cufon is not a choice anymore, it’s bad for SEO and is not that good because of GoogleFonts.

Your new heading typeface (font) is better but not the best.

The theme control panel is too high, it’s not usable on 15” screens (laptops) I suggest using overflow-y:auto and a max-height: 600px.

Logo still looks not pro.

The layout and the graphics give me the impression that this theme is an inaccurate reproduction of some years old but best seller, like Karma and something like that, there are so many like that. Even I fallen in that trap. But you see new authors no more than 1 year like Orman Clark, they came with new designs and got incredible sales, because the design they bring is fresh, outstanding and creative and unique.

Generally, my previous reviews stand: looks like dead static content and non-dynamic CMS driven content, the lines are not clear, no hierarchy, no concept. Just a few lines of text, images and some js slide.

After all that, there is hope, so move on.. practice.. fight and you will win. I know it’s hard.

Good luck my friend,
Danny

premium-theme-park
premium-theme-park Recent Posts Threads Started
27 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • South Africa
premium-theme-park says

Haven’t really browsed around this theme much but one thing that really jumps out is that there’s no logo? Possibly one of the most important things on any website…

Also your search form is a little misplaced (only testing in Chrome), I also noticed that your meta on single posts are padded all wrong…

It would also be a good idea changing the gray background (nav bar included) color to a light gray (like 2% to 5% black on white) or white, at this point in time it looks “dirty/muddy” try keeping it as clean as possible ;)

Also look at the nav bar and footer heading font size it’s very inline with an H1 or H2… do you really need it to have so much attention on these elements? It’s feels like it’s just messing with the hierarchy of elements

premium-theme-park
premium-theme-park Recent Posts Threads Started
27 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • South Africa
premium-theme-park says

Haven’t really browsed around this theme much but one thing that really jumps out is that there’s no logo? Possibly one of the most important things on any website…

Also your search form is a little misplaced (only testing in Chrome), I also noticed that your meta on single posts are padded all wrong…

It would also be a good idea changing the gray background (nav bar included) color to a light gray (like 2% to 5% black on white) or white, at this point in time it looks “dirty/muddy” try keeping it as clean as possible ;)

Also look at the nav bar and footer heading font size it’s very inline with an H1 or H2… do you really need it to have so much attention on these elements? It’s feels like it’s just messing with the hierarchy of elements

Forgot to add that the social media icons at the tops background colors aren’t consistent, it looks like 5 different shades of gray.

by
by
by
by
by
by