24 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
wetwilly92 says

Woohoo!

Well, Today I finally got this up on themeforest, and it marks my first project with Wordpress and my first upload to themeforest :)

Anyways, what I was hoping for was some ‘constructive-criticism’ for the theme. I know you can’t see all of the theme, but anything anyone contributes is very helpful for any future projects!

Thanks, Jordan

4908 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Hey Jordan!

Nice theme, and welcome to the Forest!

Quick thing though, generally discussing a file, and linking to it used to be very iffy, but recently it became something that is allowed but only when done in the “item discussion” section of the forum. This is set up so that people do not get some unfair advert advantage over the rest, and also to prevent the forum from filling up with “hey check out my new file” threads.

No worries, just letting you know. I move the thread for ya.

Welcome! :P Mark

24 posts
wetwilly92 says

Thanks, didn’t realize that. Jordan

80 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Denmark
+1 more
mads says

I like the way the sidebar is done, same goes for the footer. The way you display the links to various social websites is also great, but the link color is too dim, it needs more contrast.

In my personal opinion, the typography needs a lot of work. The headings look like they were forced inside a box that is too small – they need whitespace above and beneath them. Also, you should pay attention to the fact that the italic style is not meant to be applied to whole blocks of text – it makes the text a lot less legible.

The navigation somehow irritates me. I’m not sure, but it might be the height of the brown bar behind it, or maybe there is too much whitespace between the tagline and the navigation bar.

I don’t like the color scheme, but that is of course very subjective. I just don’t think there is enough contrast between the colors purple and brown. Used sparingly, they can be alright (see for example the left sidebar here on themeforest), but when they are used so much in a design, it becomes too much. Make the content area stand out from the background more.

Other than that, it looks like an awesome theme! Keep up the good work.

24 posts
wetwilly92 says

Ah! Sweet. This is exactly the small stuff that I needed to know.

Thanks a bunch Mads,

Jordan

by
by
by
by
by
by