Am I allowed to integrate Redux framework in my theme or should I let TGM plugin install it

62 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
thememassive says

Hello,

I’m creating a wordpress theme and I want to know if I can integrate the Redux framework plugin in my theme or do I need to let TGM plugin let users install it? Since this plugin will only handle the settings of my particular theme, I figure there would be no harm if people lose those settings when the change to a different theme.

Please let me know about this, will really help me move forward.

Thanks and regards.

62 posts
thememassive says

please? Anyone?

80 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
eriktailor says

Hi sunnywill,

You should definately use it with TGM, you’re not allowed to integrate and sell with your theme.

62 posts
thememassive says

Hi sunnywill, You should definately use it with TGM, you’re not allowed to integrate and sell with your theme.
Hi eriktailor,

Thank you so much for the reply. Can you please also clarify if you mean I’m not allowed to sell it with my theme because of the Redux framework license or because of the themeforest requirements? Because it says in Redux framework website that we are allowed to use it in a commercial project.

Also I am having a problem while using it with TGM that Redux framework by default gives an option to the users to try it’s demo settings, through a sample activate file, which will override mine, and which I”m still trying to figure out how to disable. Please let me know if you know about this problem and how to solve it.

Thanks again and regards.

19 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+5 more
ThemeWarriors says

@eriktailor You’re kidding, right?

On this thread there are several authors that have included Redux in they’re themes and got accepted on ThemeForest http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/nhp-merges-with-reduxframework-check-version-30-out/113130
251 posts Premium Website Design
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+3 more
ThemeFusion says

Pretty sure there will be no problem.

Here is a tutorial on how to embed http://reduxframework.com/docs/advanced/embed/

4 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
+1 more
ThemeTrail says
Straight from reduxframework.com:
Want to use Redux in a commercial product? You’re free to do so! Want to fork it? Go right ahead!

I also don’t see any potential issues with ThemeForest here.

62 posts
thememassive says

This is fantastic. Thank you guys for the replies, saved me a lot of worry. Especially thank you for the links ThemeWarriors and Themefusion, I’m confident now to embed it in my theme.

4 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
+1 more
ThemeTrail says

It’s a 100% bulletproof to embed it in your theme. That’s what Redux told me:

Redux Core is and will always be free. You can use it as a plugin or embed it in your theme. To embed, check out our embedding docs here: https://github.com/ReduxFramework/ReduxFramework/wiki/Embedding%20Redux%20in%20Your%20Theme%20or%20Plugin

You are welcome to use it in your premium products.

We do have some premium features that we’re actually releasing this weekend that have different licensing attached. Such as metaboxes, widget_areas, and shortcodes. You can learn about that here (sorry it looks aweful right now): http://reduxframework.wpengine.com/extensions/

Have a good day.

Cheers and happy embedding ;)

62 posts
thememassive says

It’s a 100% bulletproof to embed it in your theme. That’s what Redux told me:
Redux Core is and will always be free. You can use it as a plugin or embed it in your theme. To embed, check out our embedding docs here: https://github.com/ReduxFramework/ReduxFramework/wiki/Embedding%20Redux%20in%20Your%20Theme%20or%20Plugin

You are welcome to use it in your premium products.

We do have some premium features that we’re actually releasing this weekend that have different licensing attached. Such as metaboxes, widget_areas, and shortcodes. You can learn about that here (sorry it looks aweful right now): http://reduxframework.wpengine.com/extensions/

Have a good day.
Cheers and happy embedding ;)

It’s really great that we can embed the Redux Framework in our themes, but I’m still confused about what exactly are we supposed to include as plugins. For instance, apart from the Redux Framework, I’m also using ‘Portfolio Post Type’ plugin, ‘Custom Sidebars’ plugin from the Wordpress.org and my own Theme’s Shortcodes as a plugin, all of which I’m including through TGM. Now Apart from the Shortcodes, I really can’t see how the users will be able to use the Portfolio content and custom sidebars in the other theme if that theme doesn’t use the same plugin, and doesn’t have similar configuration.

Also in the Wordpress Theme Submission Requirement it just says that ’...Bundled plugins should be included via the TGM plugin…’, which doesn’t really clear my confusion. Does anyone know if there is another article in which this is discussed in more details? I would very much appreciate it as I remember reading about this in much more detail, but I just can’t find that resource.

Thanks and regards.

by
by
by
by
by
by