228 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Greece
+2 more
corethemes says

Whatever the case, do the right thing and contact the author; even if you don’t come to a solution, don’t make this public, just contact support.

However, seeing as it got past review, it’s highly probable this is NOT a copy.

Cheers, Nikos

271 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

No offence but imho all small stuff like psd, coming soon, 404 pages etc. should be removed from homepage because they just clutter it. Maybe I’m wrong but it’s my point of view. :P

484 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Austria
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
iHelp says

No offence but imho all small stuff like psd, coming soon, 404 pages etc. should be removed from homepage because they just clutter it. Maybe I’m wrong but it’s my point of view. :P

If you were only selling “small stuff” or maybe even if you only had one 404 on your profile for sale on themeforest you would think different. :)

3749 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

You are not paranoic, the html is almost identical in terms on structure and labels.
Also, this author has been accused (with valid reasons, enough to make him remove the copy he made) of obivous copycat while ago.

Contact support.
I can’t understand why such authors can keep on uploading copies after a valid DMCA issue. I’m not telling that they should be blocked, but at least they should be reviewed carefully.

326 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
-bianca- says

You are not paranoic, the html is almost identical in terms on structure and labels.
Also, this author has been accused (with valid reasons, enough to make him remove the copy he made) of obivous copycat while ago. Contact support.
I can’t understand why such authors can keep on uploading copies after a valid DMCA issue. I’m not telling that they should be blocked, but at least they should be reviewed carefully.
+1
285 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Serbia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
scrnjakovic says

Also, this author has been accused (with valid reasons, enough to make him remove the copy he made) of obivous copycat while ago. Contact support.

I haven’t checked the source, but I trusted dekciw when he said source differs between templates. :P Anyways, my apologies to manserro5 for everything said without checking first.

99 posts
+2 more
manserro5 says

Dear Alex,

Thank you for contacting us on this important issue. In order for the item to be removed promptly, can you please provide a signed DMCA take down notice (copyright complaint). Once we have received your formal DMCA take down notice, we will remove the item and will take further action if needed.

For more information on how to provide a DMCA take down notice in the correct format, and answers to frequently asked questions, please read this article:

How Do I Claim Infringement of My Copyright? http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/114

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

99 posts
+2 more
manserro5 says

That’s not even funny guys, why should I do signed DMCA on same website like Themeforest??? I would understand it if for example it would be a different websites… but c’mon!

We checked HTML – almost 90% same, from Css part same, he didn’t even changed almost nothing!

99 posts
+2 more
manserro5 says

Hello Alex,

Thank you for reporting this potential copyright violation to Support, it’s much appreciated. We will have it investigated and take appropriate action if necessary.

THEY DELETED ITEM! Truth was on my side!

332 posts
+3 more
dekciw says

You call that 90% same code? I’m blind, I guess :)

by
by
by
by
by
by