4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
savij says

Guys I really respect your community and I have been making hip hop beats for a long time now in my basement, recently I started a stock music blog called stockmusichq.com where I release my royalty free instrumentals weekly for free. But I feel that it is time to branch out, I feel like I could make other types of music well and that I could make money doing it. Can you guys give a listen to my music and tell me if I am ready to start to become an author on Audiojungle? Thank you in advance for your honest criticisms.

David

KabbalisticVillage
KabbalisticVillage Recent Posts Threads Started
757 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
KabbalisticVillage says

i listened to a couple.Sounds pretty legit.Why dont you upload and see what happens?

903 posts
  • Australia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
JBlanks says

Post your music and the reviewers will let you know if it’s ready for AJ. If you’re passionate about what you are making then hopefully it comes through in the music. It’s no get rich quick system though – unless you’re ready to do the hard yards then it’s not going to be worth it. Go for it I say.

1988 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

Hi Savij
Im surprised you have a great site! Of course you can try. Just consider, that Audiojungle usually sells commercial music. Check out the great sellers and then check out older items with zero sales too. Like this you get a feeling what works and what doesn’t.
Also consider, that as a newcomer that nobody knows yet you won’t sell the same numbers like people that are long here already, so don’t be disappointed too early.
To be honest: My guess is, that e.g. “Sweet flute” will be rejected, not commercial enough, “Stand out from the crowd” is completely mono, mmmh…. maybe a bit better chance anyway, but more chance has “Instrumental background music Beat called Trash Harmony”. But for sure you won’t really sell that well, since it’s not commercial enough.
As I sayd already, I recommend you to listen to good selling tracks within the HipHop category , then you know better what it needs and you will learn how to produce stock music that sells, I’m sure!
I wish you good luck! :)

44 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
MsTrAudio says

Hi

Although becoming 3 months Audio Jungler, I still haven’t started doing the job. Because I am still analyzing what kind of musics are suitable or not. And I still test myself what I can do or not… try to improve myself at all points. So, to work on such musics has also been a good motivation for me to improve myself. And I think to be patient is the first step.

As Mat said, sometimes, I listen to best selling musics and zero selling. But it is not easy to put away your own style and make stock music as well. And there will be no guarantee to sell lots of items, need to go on trying, at least, a year.

Maybe you’ll be quicker than me, maybe your style will be more suitable. It depends on a lot of things…

864 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
MichalskiMusic says

As Mat said, sometimes, I listen to best selling musics and zero selling. But it is not easy to put away your own style and make stock music as well. And there will be no guarantee to sell lots of items, need to go on trying, at least, a year.

I think the thing is that you should not be putting away your own style. You should be infusing the track with your style organically regardless of the genre. For me, this means listening to tracks on Audiojungle to get some ideas first, as Mat said. But, when I actually start to write, I push that aside. You know what genre you are shooting for, so do that, but use your ears to get there. You know what sounds good to you. Take some of the ideas from existing best sellers and then spin that in a way that pleases you. You will end up with something that sounds fresh and has your stamp.

There’s no way to know if your music will be acceptable to Audiojungle without submitting it to Audiojungle. I say give it a go. If the first track gets rejected, then read the comments and adapt. If you are serious about making this work, you will get it.

Best wishes! Michael

1988 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

I think the thing is that you should not be putting away your own style. You should be infusing the track with your style organically regardless of the genre. For me, this means listening to tracks on Audiojungle to get some ideas first, as Mat said. But, when I actually start to write, I push that aside.

Thanks for mentioning that Michael, that’s an important point that could be misunderstood after what I wrote!

Cheers Mat

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
savij says

You know what? You guys are great, I was figuring that no one would even looks at my post, and you guys gave me great, feedback. I have started to look at the top sellers on the site, but never thought to listen to the worst tracks, I will do both. I actually think that I will create music specifically for Audiojungle, but I have a lot more confidence now, I really appreciate the responses, from Matt, Michael, MsTrAudio, JBlanks, and KabbalisticVillage.

David

328 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
MValentino says

Hi David, welcome :) Take your time to figure how you can use your skills to produce music suitable for Audiojungle. One of the best things you can do to start is to listen to top seller tracks, and then to produce something in that direction and with that quality but with your personality. All the best :) Marco

44 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
MsTrAudio says

I think the thing is that you should not be putting away your own style. You should be infusing the track with your style organically regardless of the genre. For me, this means listening to tracks on Audiojungle to get some ideas first, as Mat said. But, when I actually start to write, I push that aside. You know what genre you are shooting for, so do that, but use your ears to get there. You know what sounds good to you. Take some of the ideas from existing best sellers and then spin that in a way that pleases you. You will end up with something that sounds fresh and has your stamp.

There’s no way to know if your music will be acceptable to Audiojungle without submitting it to Audiojungle. I say give it a go. If the first track gets rejected, then read the comments and adapt. If you are serious about making this work, you will get it.

Best wishes! Michael

The process already continues as you told, my friend, because the style is like a finger print. So, of course, trying to put away the style seems almost impossible. Instead of saying “put away”, I should have said that “mix your style with what expected from you”, this would be more accurate. :)

Thanks for the reply.

And you’re welcome, Savij.

by
by
by
by
by
by