4647 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

and fit in your pocket.. then it would be called a mobile.
I don’t think that’s a requirement anymore, with latest 5” + smartphones :P

Well I guess if you have really small pockets :P

590 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

Blame the implementation not the technique.

Most of those complaints aren’t problems with responsive design. They’re just poor implementations.

127 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Veuse says

one of the things i hate on must responsive websites is that you can not zoom in photos. Also many times there are things in the desktop version that don’t appear in the responsive version and that piss me of lol
There is no rule that says you can not zoom in on a responsive website. If some developers do this, it seems like a very bad practice to me.
689 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
cooledition says

one of the things i hate on must responsive websites is that you can not zoom in photos. Also many times there are things in the desktop version that don’t appear in the responsive version and that piss me of lol
There is no rule that says you can not zoom in on a responsive website. If some developers do this, it seems like a very bad practice to me.

Well i hate that rule. For me, responsive design have no sense, I’m totally sure that almost any celllphone or tablet can show me the desktop version of a website, theres no need of a responsive version, at least for me.

3545 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Well i hate that rule. For me, responsive design have no sense, I’m totally sure that almost any celllphone or tablet can show me the desktop version of a website, theres no need of a responsive version, at least for me.

So do you enjoy reading the forums on a 4” display? It is a pleasure for you to pinch and zoom for every link that you click and “click” bad links because you have big fingers? And do you like writing on topics or replying comments or doing anything else on TF without responsiveness?

I’m really curious why the hatred, because i for one, hate the fact the TF is not responsive. And this is the same with absolutely any site. I hate it when i have to pinch and zoom and click three times until i get the proper link when i need something on mobile.

590 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Located in United States
+3 more
GravityDept says

Typical graphic designer. Wants every canvas to be fixed size…

5998 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Blame the implementation not the technique. Most of those complaints aren’t problems with responsive design. They’re just poor implementations.

+1

708 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

+1. Well said!

584 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Gareth_Gillman says

+2 – I build responsive sites in my freelancing work and people do love being able to use a website which is more “device friendly” but a lot of sites have just put something basic together and not done a proper analysis on the needs for the “device formats” or implemented it with a strategy.

Designers spend a load of time on the UX on the desktop version but don’t seem to understand you just can’t mobilise a website, you need to do your UX on the smaller versions.

Responsive is a great feature for a website but it needs to be implemented in the right way for the users to get the most from the feature.

72 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Ttpmc says

The word mobile comes from the word: mobile telephone.. iPad is not a mobile, its a computer, just because you can move it around, doesn’t mean it’s a mobile… a laptop you can move around, but it’s still a computer. Think of the iPad as a keyboardless laptop, which you can hold. The correct term is tablet… if an iPad could make calls and fit in your pocket.. then it would be called a mobile. (but that’s basically the iPhone lol)

This probably ranks as one of the stupidest things ever said.

by
by
by
by
by
by