• Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Bulgaria
joomfx says

Ok guys, it’s getting hot in here :D

@loveetc your whole conversation (between you and digitalscience) started from a post on first page. This is the important part of the post:

3 years ago Facebook didn’t have an iPad app so Mark Zuckerberg was asked at a mobile conference about it. He replied by saying “iPad’s Not Mobile…It’s A Computer…Sorry”.

Ok loveetc, do you see what actually Mark Zuckerberg has replied – “iPad’s Not Mobile”, meaning it’s not a cellular phone. Man, isn’t it obvious??

And yes, of course the Ipad, tablet, etc are mobile devices.... they are mobile devices, not mobile.

You both have a point here but digitalscience is 100% correct in what he is saying.
Best regards to both of you and now don’t start throwing sh*t on me :D

4505 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

iPad is not a mobile, but it is mobile. :D that’s basically the whole confusion in the argument. I feel like I’m high discussing this lol

242 posts JoomFX.com
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bulgaria
joomfx says

iPad is not a mobile, but it is mobile. :D that’s is basically the whole confusion in the argument.

hahahaha :D

Ok, I’ll try once again :D

Ipad, Tablet, etc = Mobile Devices (here the important word is devices)
Cellular Phone = Mobile

So when it is called just “Mobile” it means cellular phone. :nerdy:

4505 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

^ No I mean you are right….an iPad is not a mobile( portable phone), but it is mobile (can move) haha .. Get it? ;) This thread is giving me a headache, i’m done :D

242 posts JoomFX.com
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bulgaria
joomfx says

^ No I mean you are right….an iPad is not a mobile( portable phone), but it is mobile (can move) haha .. Get it? ;) This thread is giving me a headache, i’m done :D

Yep, exactly :)
I’m done as well :P

72 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Ttpmc says

The word mobile comes from the word: mobile telephone.. iPad is not a mobile, its a computer, just because you can move it around, doesn’t mean it’s a mobile… a laptop you can move around, but it’s still a computer. Think of the iPad as a keyboardless laptop, which you can hold. The correct term is tablet… if an iPad could make calls and fit in your pocket.. then it would be called a mobile. (but that’s basically the iPhone lol)
This probably ranks as one of the stupidest things ever said.
Haha not sure if I’m worthy of that honour ;) Ok I’m aware some people call handheld devices mobiles – regardless whether they’re able to make calls or not… point is, a couple years ago, most handhelds were mobile phones / cell phones.. that’s where the term mobile comes from e.g. “hey man whats your mobile” replies “0343434434” Not “uhmm I have an iPad2GS”. Now the term “mobile” is basically applied to any device you carry around which has “mobility” (although in my opion an iPad isn’t that mobile, it’s as big as some laptops out there and you can’t exactly put it in your backpocket, can you?), and then the line also gets blurred with tablet / laptop hybrids with detachable keyboards – “is it a tablet, is it a laptop?! lets just call it a mobile lolz”.. The thing is the iPad can’t make calls, and people don’t hold it like a phone and therefore its not a mobile, it’s in a totally different category ie tablets.

Well, even if tablets are not pocketable they still belong in the “mobile devices” category. Of course you can’t put a tablet in your pocket and you can’t make calls (with most of them) but, that doesn’t make them not-mobile. That’s exactly what they are, and why/how people buy/use them (i.e having the ability to operate them on the go). I would even say the same thing for most of the modern laptops/notebooks. For example, take a look at the Macbook air: it’s form factor makes it extremely portable, weights ~1-1.5 kg, it’s battery lasts 10+ hours … and they are going to evolve even more in the future so, i think it is reasonable to call them mobile devices. At least that’s what makes sense to me ;)

4505 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

Yup it’s all in the sentence structure… tablets are mobile.. but they are not a mobile.. because a mobile originally referred to cellular phones. I wasn’t saying tablets were not mobile, I was saying they aren’t a mobile .. which is what Zuckerberg was saying… sigh :D Mobile has a double meaning now since Apple coined the word for every type of portable device. What does the Northern Hemisphere call portable phones.. mobiles?

72 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Ttpmc says

Yup it’s all in the sentence structure… tablets are mobile.. but they are not a mobile.. because a mobile originally referred to cellular phones. I wasn’t saying tablets were not mobile, I was saying they aren’t a mobile .. which is what Zuckerberg was saying… sigh :D

f*ck Zuckerberg :D

491 posts Code is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
egemenerd says

by
by