330 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
PaulWinslow says

@Envato, could it be a possibility to offer authors an alternative to PayPal for withdrawing funds?

If you haven’t already been burned by PayPal and their joke policies yet, I guarantee you – you will be. And now I’ve experienced exactly what so many thousands of others are raising their pitch forks about.. just been paid and I have a nice message telling me that my money is on hold due to “security reasons”.

If you’re one of the few who don’t know where I’m coming from.. you only have to Google “PayPal burn” or “PayPal rip off” or anything similar to pull up an endless number of posts, forum threads, etc to learn how thousands of others are being ripped off and [gently caressed] (language edited by mod) by PayPal.

Readers of .Net magazine will have seen the article they printed this month about conference/workshop organisers having their ticket sales frozen and even taken away from them.

If it’s at all a possibility to consider offering an alternative – I know there’s a few popping up recently – I think we could all benefit greatly from it.

:)

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says

I like how they (eBay, owner) hold my eBay item sale payment for 3 weeks for “security reasons” even though I have sold over 100 items on eBay and have 100% feedback… like… what?! They disgust me but sadly, they are the fastest and I luckily haven’t had problems with Envato payments coming through easily.

1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says
You don’t have to use paypal, we have three other ways:
  • Skrill (Moneybookers)
  • Envato Prepaid MasterCard┬« (Payoneer)
  • International Transfer (SWIFT)
Till now I can’t complain about paypal, it’s the cheapest way to send money for me.
3007 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

off-topic: pau1winslow, you cannot use that kind of words in the forums mate. ( f**k )
on-topic: we are very very pleased with payoneer. they are on time and they are not expensive. i would go for them. and welcome to the paypal club. after 5000$ an year your accounts will be frozen :)) for sure.

1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

off-topic: pau1winslow, you cannot use that kind of words in the forums mate. ( f**k )
on-topic: we are very very pleased with payoneer. they are on time and they are not expensive. i would go for them. and welcome to the paypal club. after 5000$ an year your accounts will be frozen :)) for sure.
Not true, I mean it can be frozen, but they just want some prove that you are who you are (ID scan etc.) and it’s perfectly reasonable, just like you go to a bank to open account and you need to give them your ID. That was in my case.
3007 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

My partner had a paypal account and we used it. It got blocked, and he moved away from the place that he was noted to live in his ID, and guess what? We needed a bill of some kind from his old residence, and we had to go all the way where he lived and ask from the current owners of that house to give us a bill. Excuse me, but i hate them for that and will hate them. I know it’s our fault to, but they are just too paranoid.

3445 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

Language edited. @Paul, please keep it clean, thanks!

330 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
PaulWinslow says

Not true, I mean it can be frozen, but they just want some prove that you are who you are (ID scan etc.) and it’s perfectly reasonable, just like you go to a bank to open account and you need to give them your ID. That was in my case.

I’ve already gone above and beyond to prove my identity. My account is fully verified after having to go through two rounds of scanning my passport, recent bills and phone confirmations.

Like I said originally there will still be a few who won’t yet have experienced these kind of issues so not everybody will see the issue, but on the other side of the coin there are thousands like me continuously being screwed by PayPal’s behaviour that most of the time they can’t even explain without vague BS about company policy.

There’s a couple of reasons right now why I can’t simply choose swift or payoneer, so I was simply asking if it’s a possibility to provide another option as there are a few great looking new start ups popping up recently that, actually, came about because they saw an opportunity with the sheer number of people being burned by PayPal.

734 posts fifty_tons and CodingJack
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
50andJACK says

I had a few small problem with PayPal, so I try to avoid it when possible. I absolutely hate Moneybookers which I NEVER EVER use. I mostly use Payoneer, it’s great.

- Chris

1702 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

I also gave up Paypal some months ago. Monebookers and SWIFT transfers going on.

by
by
by
by
by
by