63 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
WebDesignPlanet says

I’m extremely thrilled to have my oldest item updated (originally uploaded 3 years ago, in January 2011). For reasons unknown to me i woke up at 7am this morning and spent 12 hours straight working on the new version. I must admit that the satisfaction level is quite high, of course incomparable to getting an item accepted, but still. I’m wondering if this will have any impact on the level of sales.. probably not, given the fact that monthly page views dropped down to roughly 200 a month. I guess i will see in several weeks and use the results as a hint whether issuing updates is worth anything.

1677 posts Multimedia Artistry
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month
+4 more
dnp_theme says

I love the feeling, I am soon gonna finish the major update for my seconds wp theme, and it’s massive for me and the theme itself, I know it’s not for the sales.

991 posts It's in the pipeline!
    Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

12 hours? I’ve spent almost a month to completely rewrite one of my first successful themes, even if it had low sales and probably still will have :) Now I have another one to go

2568 posts
    Member of the Envato Team Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+ Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+16 more
contrastblack Envato team says

I’m extremely thrilled to have my oldest item updated (originally uploaded 3 years ago, in January 2011). For reasons unknown to me i woke up at 7am this morning and spent 12 hours straight working on the new version. I must admit that the satisfaction level is quite high, of course incomparable to getting an item accepted, but still. I’m wondering if this will have any impact on the level of sales.. probably not, given the fact that monthly page views dropped down to roughly 200 a month. I guess i will see in several weeks and use the results as a hint whether issuing updates is worth anything.

I can only wholeheartedly congratulate you for your initiative… and to put things in a better light, think about those “only 200 pageviews” as 200 potential customers that would’ve not purchased the item, as it wasn’t up to date, and that now might just consider doing so :)

by
by
by
by
by
by