• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
WebDesignPlanet says

I’m extremely thrilled to have my oldest item updated (originally uploaded 3 years ago, in January 2011). For reasons unknown to me i woke up at 7am this morning and spent 12 hours straight working on the new version. I must admit that the satisfaction level is quite high, of course incomparable to getting an item accepted, but still. I’m wondering if this will have any impact on the level of sales.. probably not, given the fact that monthly page views dropped down to roughly 200 a month. I guess i will see in several weeks and use the results as a hint whether issuing updates is worth anything.

1644 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

I love the feeling, I am soon gonna finish the major update for my seconds wp theme, and it’s massive for me and the theme itself, I know it’s not for the sales.

963 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
purethemes says

12 hours? I’ve spent almost a month to completely rewrite one of my first successful themes, even if it had low sales and probably still will have :) Now I have another one to go

2274 posts Community Team
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+12 more
contrastblack Staff says

I’m extremely thrilled to have my oldest item updated (originally uploaded 3 years ago, in January 2011). For reasons unknown to me i woke up at 7am this morning and spent 12 hours straight working on the new version. I must admit that the satisfaction level is quite high, of course incomparable to getting an item accepted, but still. I’m wondering if this will have any impact on the level of sales.. probably not, given the fact that monthly page views dropped down to roughly 200 a month. I guess i will see in several weeks and use the results as a hint whether issuing updates is worth anything.

I can only wholeheartedly congratulate you for your initiative… and to put things in a better light, think about those “only 200 pageviews” as 200 potential customers that would’ve not purchased the item, as it wasn’t up to date, and that now might just consider doing so :)

by
by
by
by
by
by