1282 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

I’d like to show people in poverty things like “how to get a job” information versus handouts since that keeps them dependent, poor and/or lazy. right re charity fraud (google “charity fraud”) ...

One Exception: for things like natural disaster relief, that would be better, and/or for kids’s support, if there was some way to ensure money gets to the victims of floods/fires/famines instead of warlords or conmen or multigenerational welfare recipients like it often does…

the solution for “anti-poverty” is Get a Freaking Job… and Work, like the rest of us…at least big picture I think… :o

In the charitable giving I do, it’s for things like kids’ libraries to help them buy books, and be productive, vs handouts… I believe in charitable donations, but done right vs just giving away money to poor people since they’ll stay poor anyways… at least it’s good to give $ to things like libraries, children’s hospitals, and natural disaster relief (which they have no control over), vs welfare type charity handouts…

509 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
steve314 says
I’d like to show people in poverty things like “how to get a job” information versus handouts since that keeps them dependent, poor and/or lazy. right re charity fraud (google “charity fraud”) ...

One Exception: for things like natural disaster relief, that would be better, and/or for kids’s support, if there was some way to ensure money gets to the victims of floods/fires/famines instead of warlords or conmen or multigenerational welfare recipients like it often does…

the solution for “anti-poverty” is Get a Freaking Job… and Work, like the rest of us…at least big picture I think… :o

In the charitable giving I do, it’s for things like kids’ libraries to help them buy books, and be productive, vs handouts… I believe in charitable donations, but done right vs just giving away money to poor people since they’ll stay poor anyways… at least it’s good to give $ to things like libraries, children’s hospitals, and natural disaster relief (which they have no control over), vs welfare type charity handouts…

I can see your point. Helping people to get jobs is a great way to help their poverty.

1282 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

yes, doing long term things like jobs and training them, vs responding to the millions of people who say “I’m poor give me a handout”, is the only way to make them independent… of course if there’s a flood or something, or old people or kids that’s something different… it’s important to help people, it just has to be done in a way that’s not maintaining welfare/dependency vs systemic changes.. of course that’s just my opinion, there’s many people who want to give to homeless and others like that, and that’s certainly their right… its not my place to tell people how to spend their money… just personally I like to give to folks who will use it for something good, and become hard working and self-sufficient if helped, vs always in need with no work ethic, type of distinction.

by
by
by
by
by
by