243 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
creativestuff says

Hi, some days ago I was wondering what file to create next for selling (because the marketplace is full of files now for almost every category) then I thought that it would be nice to know what customers are most looking for actually.

there is that little “start searching ” field up there… My idea is that AD (if isn’t doing it actually but probably it does) track every keyword the visitor searches for and make a list available for developers of it. This way developers will know what components are sought and create the needed files for the customers.

Any opinions?

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

+1

In case it is not possible to show the list publicly, better to conduct competitions (like the “Music template” competition done in the past) on making specific kind of files based on top search / availability ratio.

580 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
jayc says

I don’t think that’s possible because what if all authors start to do the same files? I guess you should read between the lines :), like check comments form clients from the top selling files (what do they like , what do they want and so on.

-jayc

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

I don’t think that’s possible because what if all authors start to do the same files? I guess you should read between the lines :), like check comments form clients from the top selling files (what do they like , what do they want and so on. -jayc

It is fine if all the authors starts doing same as long as it is new. Better than doing same old galleries and banners :P

The old item’s comment area can help but not more than a variation of existing items. May be keeping eye on search words can help us to set even new categories.

580 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
jayc says

I have a question, u know when upload a file and you edit tags, there are suggestions. Are these suggestions based on what buyers search more often, based on what authors fill for suggestions or …who knows? I always wondered.

-jayc

243 posts
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
creativestuff says

I don’t think that’s possible because what if all authors start to do the same files? I guess you should read between the lines :), like check comments form clients from the top selling files (what do they like , what do they want and so on. -jayc

... and what’s the problem with developers creating same file… this way the customer will have more versions/options to choose from… ;)

with this thread I wanted to suggest something like: “more customers come to AD and search for a component never thought by developers” like “landing on the moon animation” (just an example), yes they can request it from the “item request” page… but some don’t have the time or they simply don;t know or they aren’t registered…

by
by
by
by
by
by