43 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CobaltLeaf says

Been thinking about the whole review queue problem and I think I might have a solution. It’s a bit drastic but tell me what you all think. I think, whilst extreme, these policies will help everyone in the long run.

1. AudioJungle has to temporarily shut down submissions so they can clear out the current pile-up of songs. I’ve been observing the new songs everyday and I’ve never seen so much “product” move in a day! I think they need to stop people submitting for 12 days so they can clear everything out and start fresh. Will this affect sales ? Not at all… the top 10 authors easily make up most of the sales here and those sales come from their catalogues, AudioJungle won’t suffer at all. Clients will find what they want no matter what… they can pick from all the songs that just passed through the past two months without notice. I’ve heard so many authors complain about sales… if anything this will help your sales as for 12 days you won’t be competing with a waterfall of new songs.

2. Start putting upload limits. I’m not just talking about daily limits. I’m talking about queue limits. It should be something like 5-7. It serves various purposes, it avoids extreme congestion and improves quality. If each author is limited on their queue it means lesser volume and lesser stacking so the workload is easier on reviewers. Also it stops people uploading tons of things in one blow, which really… doesn’t do you any favours. All your tracks will be approved next to each other and if they’re in the same genre, nothing’s worse than having various tracks next to each other. Either the customers will listen to 1-2 tracks and if they don’t like it, will skip the rest of your songs on that list or one of your tracks becomes popular and steals the sales from your other tracks. No matter what, I think upload limits benefit everyone!

Tell me what you all think!!

MonophobiaStudio
MonophobiaStudio Recent Posts Threads Started
56 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+4 more
MonophobiaStudio says

This actually sounds like a great idea!

216 posts Live Creative!
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
BrownHouseMedia says

What review queue problem are you referring to? Many if not most libraries take 30+ days to review a track. Anything under 30 days is a bonus not a problem. I am also not sure how upload limits improve quality – stricter review policies improve quality.

666 posts Allegro120 Composer
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Allegro120 says

Well … not all websites RF takes 30 days, some even publish it automatically, others take one week.

If I agree we need to improve the quality.

43 posts
+1 more
CobaltLeaf says

What review queue problem are you referring to? Many if not most libraries take 30+ days to review a track. Anything under 30 days is a bonus not a problem. I am also not sure how upload limits improve quality – stricter review policies improve quality.

I wasn’t complaining from an authors standpoint I was actually referring to logistics from envato’s standpoint. Obviously I don’t have all the statistics but by observing the data from the popular files section it seems the volume of sales hasn’t increased substantially over the past 2 months (although it has over the past 6) yet the volume of submitted tracks has. In other words they are paying more reviewers for more work hours approving/rejecting (I suspect it’s time spent mostly rejecting) yet they aren’t making extra money for it. At least with my idea it would reduce the load and help envato turn a tidier profit.

43 posts
+1 more
CobaltLeaf says

Upload limits may not directly improve quality but at least it’s a way of discouraging sub-par authors from uploading a lot and then getting a lot of rejections, again a waste of time and money for envato. That way these sub-par authors can see their first 5 songs rejected then realise they need to up their game or leave.

And yes I too feel we need stricter review policies.

407 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
illuminations says

Of course non royalty free music libraries take much longer (killertracks, megatracks etc…) when they are usually commissioning specific tracks from producers but in terms of royalty free libraries audiojungle is the only one I have done anything for. So I’m be curious about specifics on other royalty free libraries and how long they take. It might help shed some perspective on audiojungle’s review time. I’m sure they aren’t the shortest and I’m sure they aren’t the longest.

216 posts Live Creative!
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
BrownHouseMedia says

In my experience AJ’s review times are average to shorter than most.

43 posts
+1 more
CobaltLeaf says

Of course non royalty free music libraries take much longer (killertracks, megatracks etc…) when they are usually commissioning specific tracks from producers but in terms of royalty free libraries audiojungle is the only one I have done anything for. So I’m be curious about specifics on other royalty free libraries and how long they take. It might help shed some perspective on audiojungle’s review time. I’m sure they aren’t the shortest and I’m sure they aren’t the longest.

I’ve experimented putting my artists tracks in various sites. Three of the ones I tried were exactly one week, as in EXACTLY on the day a week after each was submitted. One other was literally one day and then another was similar to AJ of before where it was 3-5 days. Thing is I have so far only put them in “anyone can join” sites. None of those fancy “audition process” sites. I know those do take a while…

3216 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

From a reviewer perspective, I can’t comment officially on what will or will not happen, but I can tell you that logistically, regarding the first point, it could potentially make things take longer. Even much longer.

Let’s say we close the queue for X amount of days, while the item backlog is being processed. Well, as soon as it it’s closed to submissions, authors will essentially be “waiting” all those extra days until the queue opens again. So if the queue is closed for 12 days while everything is processed. What’s the difference?

At that point, once it opens up again, (if it’s announced in advance) authors may rush to submit and apart from the luckier ones who get items in first, things will just pile up again [very] fast, and then we’d close the queue again to process? Unless I’m misunderstanding, it seems to me that would incur a vicious cycle of total opened an closed waiting times that just get longer and longer, and may also serve to discourage newcomers from submitting at all, as the latter may simply move on when they discover the site but hit an upload wall, with a sign that says closed for business, come back next week. :)

Regarding upload limits, again I cannot comment officially but in my opinion, it is something that may be more manageable, but could also have its downside, such as not being able to submit a few files every few days. So that too is up to management to evaluate.

For now the solution is finalizing the review team’s capacity to deal with the present situation, and we’re pretty much reaching the hiring and training end-zone, so there is light at the end of this tunnel. At the very least I can say that come springtime, and even significantly sooner, things should be a lot snappier. 8)

by
by
by
by
by
by