59 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
Hyperberry says

Hello to everybody,

I only recently joined the Envato marketplaces (was referred by a friend). I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself formally on the TF Forums. I’d also be interested in any suggestions a TF veteran has for a newcomer :)

The success some theme authors have achieved on TF is amazing & I’m really excited about the opportunity to sell HTML and WP themes. Right now I’m working on a first concept design that I plan to develop into a premium WP theme.

This isn’t my first forum post. Over the past couple weeks I’ve helped a number of burgeoning new authors improve their designs by offering some feedback where requested. *I know in at least one case, an author had his Landing Page approved (previously rejected) after he made some changes based on comments made by myself and others.

So- I’m hoping you guys will reciprocate & I can get some feedback too in a couple days ;)

I look forward to collaborating with the community and adding some quality materials to the marketplace. I’m a strong believer in improving the aesthetics + core functionality of themes over time. I think all of us will benefit by keeping the selection of items on TF strong & up-to-date.

A little more about me: I’ve been working on web design and development since 1997. In college I had the fortunate happenstance of taking some great web design courses. I work in St. Louis, Missouri USA . For those of you overseas- that’s in the middle of the country, not too far from Chicago. Notably, St. Louis is home to a giant silver arch designed by a famous architect :) . We’re also home of Cardinals baseball (Albert Pujols) & Rams football (formerly the “Greatest Show on Turf”) + Budweiser beer :D

All the best!

- Matt

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says

Hey Matt,

Welcome, looking forward to seeing some of your upcoming work! :)

St. Louis eh? I lived there for 18 years, born and raised. I’m actually thinking about moving back at the moment.

I think you’re the first person on the marketplaces I’ve met from STL . Grew up in the west county area. You totally forgot the STL Blues (huge hockey fan here) ;)

Anywhoo, best of luck with future items!

59 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Hyperberry says

I think you’re the first person on the marketplaces I’ve met from STL . Grew up in the west county area. You totally forgot the STL Blues (huge hockey fan here) ;)

Wow. Envato staff from right here in the Lou?! I’m tickled pink.

Yeah- I’m from West Co too. Grew up in Kirkwood/Des Peres area. Living in Des Peres now.

The Blues hold a special place in my heart too. But their performance these past couple years has been pretty disappointing :crying: . I played youth hockey in Chesterfield for several years myself; was a more avid fan at that time (had the chance to meet Brett Hull, Curtis Joseph, Grant Fuhr & even Wayne Gretzky through hockey + local golf scene).

Anyway, great to connect. Thanks for the warm welcome :)

PS. I won’t ask where you went to high school ;)

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+4 more
CreatingDrew says

haha, that is awesome! We very well could have crossed paths at some point. I’ll shoot you an email as I don’t want to take your thread too far off topic. :)

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
+6 more
JamiGibbs says

Welcome Matt! You’ve got the right attitude for this community and I wish you lots of luck on your first design! Feel free to post a preview of it in the item discussion area for feedback. There’s a lot of awesome folks here who would be happy to help you out.

btw… I’m originally from Chicago so watch yourself come football season when the Bears and Rams face off. ;)

59 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Hyperberry says

Welcome Matt! You’ve got the right attitude for this community and I wish you lots of luck on your first design! Feel free to post a preview of it in the item discussion area for feedback. There’s a lot of awesome folks here who would be happy to help you out. btw… I’m originally from Chicago so watch yourself come football season when the Bears and Rams face off. ;)

Hi Jami-

Thanks for your warm welcome & encouraging statements. Yep- I’m already familiar with the Item Discussion area. (Don’t worry, I’ll post my threads in the right spot)

btw… the Bears success is the product of Rams’ former coaching staff :D

548 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
tonvie says

Curse you all St. Louis Fans!!!! You stole Chris Stewart from my Avalanche…dumbest deal in recent memory, the kid is a pure STUD !

Oh, and welcome :D

542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
ThemesFever says

“I know in at least one case, an author had his Landing Page approved (previously rejected) after he made some changes based on comments made by myself and others.”

Thanks for the help ;)

Welcome to the community!

59 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Hyperberry says

“I know in at least one case, an author had his Landing Page approved (previously rejected) after he made some changes based on comments made by myself and others.” Thanks for the help

You’re very welcome. Actually, that makes 2 LPs that got approved after they made changes based on feedback by me and other users. I’m tickled pink :superbashfulcute:

Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it! :)

11 posts
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • United States
albertjohns1 says

Welcome Matt! You’ve got the right direction for this world wide community and I wish you positive response from your first design! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by