• Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

If “similar items” feature is finally placed on every of our product pages, i’m starting to imagine the disproportionately large of the description pages on the near future.

Please don’t force us to fight the system with stupid weapons.

87 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Venezuela
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Miguel_Vasquez says

Great, would greatly help the search in comments

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • India
+3 more
VF says

If “similar items” feature is finally placed on every of our product pages, i’m starting to imagine the disproportionately large of the description pages on the near future.

More than the loss of individual item’s sales Vs popular ones, the most worrying part is Envato’s core explicit attitude of always trying to emphasize popular items and intentionally discourage / halt the buyers from going towards keyword search. It is the most worrying message sent by Envato towards its members through this particular thread’s announcement. It is annoying to see the staffs (who were authors themselves in the past) not seeing this truth as harsh business practice.

1043 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Argentina
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Sonicbyte says

I’ll wait to view the new features to give my opinion…

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

I’ll wait to view the new features to give my opinion…

New features wont ship on single day. It is a long term process with multiple phases. According to the current announcement, the 1st thing that going to ship is “similar items” section – not the improvements related to search and filter. So the Phase 1 and phase 2 may have the time gap of even 1 or more years (unless the staff hints about time frame). If the Phase 1 makes a huge damage and Phase 2 is a life saver, the time gap between those schedules can completely change/twist the buyer’s habit of purchases. (for this case, phase 1 is never related to phase 2)

So what is important to look here is the “order of changes” and the time span between those changes. Similar items section could be pretty productive as opposed to the complaints made by some authors including myself but the problem is we are not yet balanced with decent search filter (for a loooong time) to take such a risk.

189 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+6 more
Crusader12 Reviewer says

Hi Michelle, Thanks for the update and hanging in there through this thread. :P An opt out feature is an interesting approach (as websmacker pointer out earlier, authors might technically be paying to advertise their competition). Opting out is a great idea and would make everyone happy. It would be great if it was a per item option, giving authors greater flexibility and even letting us test the waters one item at a time.

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Hi Michelle, Thanks for the update and hanging in there through this thread. :P An opt out feature is an interesting approach (as websmacker pointer out earlier, authors might technically be paying to advertise their competition). Opting out is a great idea and would make everyone happy. It would be great if it was a per item option, giving authors greater flexibility and even letting us test the waters one item at a time.

This is great as long as the default setting is opt-out. Sounds absurd though :D

But looking at Envato’s history of how many things are already awaiting to be added on opt-in and opt-out settings, I would ask the staff to first complete all those features before making this particular one’s opt settings. For example, Extended license per item settings. Years, years and years!

7178 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

An opt out feature is an interesting approach

this should work like this

checkbox a: “Disable other authors items on your item page”

checkbox b: “Force your items on other authors item page”

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

An opt out feature is an interesting approach

this should work like this

checkbox a: “Disable other authors items on your item page”

checkbox b: “Force your items on other authors item page”

What if everyone wants to check both? :D

18 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
BeautifulNotes says

I would like a New Popular Items feature, that shows an always-updating list of the most popular items submitted within the last 7 days (items are 0-7 days old). I think it would help new quality items get found and reach popular items page easier.

I also like the idea of a “just bought” section on the home page (maybe only showing only 2 items at a time) of the most recent purchased items since updating the page to help other items get discovered. This may not work as well with ThemeForest as the top items get bought like every second it seems. ;)

+1000000000!! I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH PHIL. I’ve been thinking the SAME thing. Audiojungle desperately needs a feature showing “recently bought items”, which could be items bought within the past 10 min, hour, or more. Also, similar to the “Top New Tracks” feature on Audiojungle Radio (which i’m not sure how many people use now), there needs to be something like this on the main Audiojungle front page. If including top new tracks from the last 30 days is too much, then at least include the top new tracks from the past two weeks, which will help circulate a larger amount of new tracks more often, rather than having the same tracks for a month.

More effort needs to be put into helping newer authors and those who aren’t Elite gain more traction. THIS would make it a better marketplace not only for sellers, but also for buyers, as there is A LOT of good music here flying under the radar! Just my two cents :)

by
by
by
by
by
by