• Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

2) Totally agree don’t show competing results “similar” from competitors, on individual item pages; this isn’t Amazon, that hurts your authors. A lot. Sales is all about narrow focus, not cross-selling others.

Amen.

Also, as i buyer (not Elite but almost :) ) i would love a feature to search for themes (or narrow search) by global structure layout, something graphical, like icons with column layouts, left colum+grid, fullscreen…

I know this would mean to add this category to all themes, but i’m sure it will be a huge-used feature on search engine.

236 posts Marketplace Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • New Zealand
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
madlep Dev says

As a very longtime top buyer, I’d request: 1) Search RESULTS: Let us see MORE Items at a glance, not just 20-30.

Agreed. That would be useful. Will have a chat with the team. It’s not too hard to add that.

2) Totally agree don’t show competing results “similar” from competitors, on individual item pages; this isn’t Amazon, that hurts your authors. A lot. Sales is all about narrow focus, not cross-selling others.

We’re still thinking about how this will work. Nothing more to add to what’s already been said.

3) Search needs to have more checkbox options

Agreed. This is something we’ll be working on.

4) better more relevant results needed

Agreed. Also something we’ll be working on.

5) On videohive make sure to have auto-video mouseover play previews like every other template site in the world (except vh) has.

That would be useful. Will have a chat with the team about it.

Not sure if this has been considered, but please do not implement a javascript “load more” feature where new content is dynamically loaded when user scrolls to bottom. Just my 2c
+1

+1 I personally hate that approach too. There aren’t any plans to add that.

Also, as i buyer (not Elite but almost :) ) i would love a feature to search for themes (or narrow search) by global structure layout, something graphical, like icons with column layouts, left colum+grid, fullscreen…

Yup. Having better ways of searching themes is something we’re looking at.

We’ve got a lot of data stored against items that we can use. We’re working with how to expose it and make it useful to buyers searching for items.

154 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
SkillLine says

Amazing! Thanks for this update.

659 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
PaBlikMM says

Different search results from different regions using exactly the same search keyword (search provided in the same time) – is this normal? :) I did this “test” with my friend in Serbia (i´m in Czech republic) and we both get different search results …

Is this a feature or a bug? :)

201 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • South Africa
RomanosMusic says

That sure is good news. I know of some production houses that will be very happy when the new search engine comes into fruition. Nicely done. :)

1256 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

good to hear on search progress, many thanks. I love this place, envato’s the top creative community in the world… nice to see improved search features on the way… all the authors, you guys inspire me, thanks; and to envato team for working hard at building out the marketplaces. Let’s all make more money, here’s to success :)

-ken

1090 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
ImanGM says

good to hear on search progress, many thanks. I love this place, envato’s the top creative community in the world… nice to see improved search features on the way… all the authors, you guys inspire me, thanks; and to envato team for working hard at building out the marketplaces. Let’s all make more money, here’s to success :) -ken

Hi Ken!

We really like you too. I just saw your badge! Bought between 1000 and 4999! That’s great to have you here ;)

Cheers, Iman

michellerobinson
michellerobinson Recent Posts Threads Started
49 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
michellerobinson Staff says

Different search results from different regions using exactly the same search keyword (search provided in the same time) – is this normal? :) I did this “test” with my friend in Serbia (i´m in Czech republic) and we both get different search results … Is this a feature or a bug? :)

Good pick up – we are starting to roll out the new platform to a subset of users so we can do a bit more testing before we deploy it completely (as mentioned in my first post). It’s likely that one of you is on the old search platform and one of you on the new platform (the subset of users are randomly chosen based on IP – not region).

We have made some changes to search algorithm to improve relevancy, which is why you would be seeing some differences in the order of results. At the moment we’ve only deployed to about 20% of visitors to AcitiveDen and AudioJungle and are closely monitoring site metrics.

We’ll start to deploy to other sites and ramp up the % of visitors over the next weeks – months until we are 100% new platform across all the sites which will make me :sing: a happy song!

1579 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
contempoinc says
On the item pages under the item description you will find thumbnails for similar items related to your search

You’re joking right, the last thing I would want is to promote other authors items on my pages. I mean we’re all friends here, but I’m running a business.

5385 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

On the item pages under the item description you will find thumbnails for similar items related to your search
You’re joking right, the last thing I would want is to promote other authors items on my pages. I mean we’re all friends here, but I’m running a business.

Why is this an issue ?

It will widen your exposure, for non direct traffic.

by
by
by
by
by
by