• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
contempoinc says

On the item pages under the item description you will find thumbnails for similar items related to your search
You’re joking right, the last thing I would want is to promote other authors items on my pages. I mean we’re all friends here, but I’m running a business.

Why is this an issue ?

It will widen your exposure, for non direct traffic.

It will also promote other authors items on my pages, therefore possibly ending in a sale lost. I understand its a two way street in a way, but I’d like to hear more from the staff on the details and how its going to be implemented — right now it doesn’t sound all that good.

5754 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Different search results from different regions using exactly the same search keyword (search provided in the same time) – is this normal? :) I did this “test” with my friend in Serbia (i´m in Czech republic) and we both get different search results … Is this a feature or a bug? :)
Good pick up – we are starting to roll out the new platform to a subset of users so we can do a bit more testing before we deploy it completely (as mentioned in my first post). It’s likely that one of you is on the old search platform and one of you on the new platform (the subset of users are randomly chosen based on IP – not region).

Can we trust the system? This particular thing is not something announced priorly. As per the original post, we informed that changes will start from ActiveDen. But now it looks like AudioJungle being tested with an unannounced way of changes.

We’ll start to deploy to other sites and ramp up the % of visitors over the next weeks – months until we are 100% new platform across all the sites …

While doing this kind of long term changes, why exactly those are unnecessary to announce? Doesn’t this really have impact on search results and sales?

5388 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

On the item pages under the item description you will find thumbnails for similar items related to your search
You’re joking right, the last thing I would want is to promote other authors items on my pages. I mean we’re all friends here, but I’m running a business.

Why is this an issue ?

It will widen your exposure, for non direct traffic.
It will also promote other authors items on my pages, therefore possibly ending in a sale lost. I understand its a two way street in a way, but I’d like to hear more from the staff on the details and how its going to be implemented — right now it doesn’t sound all that good.

I think you maybe missing the point ( indirect traffic / indirect searches )

If I opt to search for “forms” on CC, I get a huge great list of items from a whole variety of authors, thus it really is no different.

If you imagine, thru UX that the user clicks on the very first result, which is possibly often the case, they decide it really isnt for them. At the bottom of that item, are an array of “similar scripts” you may also wish to look at, I possibly will exit that page clicking one of them. Or I may opt to hit the back button.

I really think this is an excellent method for generating more applicable infrastructure to items.

5754 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

I really think this is an excellent method for generating more applicable infrastructure to items.

I agree but before implementing such sensitive feature, the system needs to upgrade its efficiency and accuracy (a long waited upgrade) and we see that result first. Also the markets where this particular feature implemented are really different in context (Photo Vs Theme and Shop Vs Marketplace etc) from our marketplaces (There are valid explanations made by many authors in this thread related to this – so better we don’t spend time on that :D )

307 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Argentina
MeGustaMusic says

Good News Michelle, thanks! I ´ll wait till the new search is implemented, surely you will create a new post to warn all the users about this awaited update!

DirtyStringsMusic
DirtyStringsMusic Recent Posts Threads Started
21 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
DirtyStringsMusic says

Yeah, I know this probably sounds like sour grapes from a newbie author, but I think the playing field here on AJ is really not level. Unless you happen to already be a best selling author, your chance of being discovered through search are almost impossible. If the algorithms just favour the top artists, most items will end up in the long tail graveyard. Its already almost impossible to be discovered in any other way than being on the “recently” uploaded page.

The last thing I want is someone to click on my item, go the page and then see “hey wait, why not buy this item that has sold 1000 times( it must be good then)”. Click. Gone

55 posts
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
DynamiteAudio says

+1 Grant.. Top authors deserve the extra exposure like the top selling items and popular items pages. Not to mention the filter by sales option also. So it’s a bit rich to put the top authors/tracks at the top of the search results as welll….

17 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
SPKRD says

I think it’s fair for everybody (authors and Envato) to find a way to maximise the benefits. I totally agree that in the current state, if you are not a top author, it is almost impossible to get your music heard and bought through the market place. As a new author, I can definitely feel it.

What made top authors became what they are? Probably a combination of good music (in a sense of what does the buyers need) and good marketing, we can’t remove that. So they shouldn’t be penalized for all the work they have done.

But in the end, what matters? Isn’t it that a buyer will find the music that will best fits his needs. In a ideal world, if someone lands on Audiojungle with the intent of buying some music for a specific need, he should buy the best fit out of the whole Audiojungle catalog, not the one that is just ok because he got discouraged to search more (he will then probably buy a top author item).

Why? Because I think the power of this market place is the quality of its offering and the amount of new material upload. To stay sustainable and even more profitable, in the end, it always comes to the user satisfaction (buyers and authors). So top authors should continue to enjoy what they have build and new authors should keep on being attracted to join the market place because it is really a way to connect their music to potential buyers. If it is not really the case, why would they join?

The royalty free business is like any other, if you don’t improve, the others do. As read in others thread, it could be just a change in the Google search engine that can weaken Audiojungle’s business model. I hope Envato will make the right choices to keep this marketplace competitive.

My two cents

362 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
codenegar says

It seems your are working on search; because it doesn’t work.

236 posts Marketplace Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • New Zealand
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
madlep Dev says

It seems your are working on search; because it doesn’t work.

That’s the old search engine. It’s “having a moment” :(

Part of the reason why we’re replacing it.

by
by
by
by
by
by