• Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

I know asking for things on forum doesn’t go anywhere, but guys, really, after 5 years, big success, several million dollars, i think is the time to give us authors a reliable and useful tool for tracking data, analytics, referals and so on.

Normally i don’t check Envato Analytics, but today i was digging around and not only the info is uncomplete, unreliable and unuseful, but also sometimes is just surrealist. I won’t share any detail to avoid being accused of self-promotion, but i wonder how the system works to store such strange data. :(

109 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
elemis says

I know asking for things on forum doesn’t go anywhere, but guys, really, after 5 years, big success, several million dollars, i think is the time to give us authors a reliable and useful tool for tracking data, analytics, referals and so on. Normally i don’t check Envato Analytics, but today i was digging around and not only the info is uncomplete, unreliable and unuseful, but also sometimes is just surrealist. I won’t share any detail to avoid being accused of self-promotion, but i wonder how the system works to store such strange data. :(

+1

94 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
pixedelic says

I know asking for things on forum doesn’t go anywhere, but guys, really, after 5 years, big success, several million dollars, i think is the time to give us authors a reliable and useful tool for tracking data, analytics, referals and so on. Normally i don’t check Envato Analytics, but today i was digging around and not only the info is uncomplete, unreliable and unuseful, but also sometimes is just surrealist. I won’t share any detail to avoid being accused of self-promotion, but i wonder how the system works to store such strange data. :(

+1 !

2024 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+3 more
revaxarts says

+1

648 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
Dream-Theme says

+1

1245 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+3 more
Pricop says

Not to mention the HUGE BUG where if you have 2 items with the same name, analytics simply won’t work, because they didn’t check for the Item’s ID, instead for the name, which is such a stupid decision.

I have two items with the same name, and I get only analytics for the latest, and I bet they show me the stats for both of them at a time.

94 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
pixedelic says

Maybe they should allow to use your own tracking code both in the description item page and in the live preview iframe

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
+5 more
pezflash says

Maybe they should allow to use your own tracking code both in the description item page and in the live preview iframe

I’ve been using this trick for tracking the file description pages, as we are not allowed to include scripts.

Not a pro solution, as it was mainly coded for tracking old FB fan pages, but works. Although it can’t retrieve too much user data. Just as a reference of visits.

2024 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+3 more
revaxarts says
^ yeah, had the same idea and modified the script to get better results: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0d1150zsf5

so it’s possible to track custom campaigns as well like here http://rxa.li/mymail (sorry, no advertise intended)

206 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Argentina
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
SurStudio says

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by