• Italy
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+1 more
indieground says

“We’re sorry, your item has not been approved for sale on GraphicRiver. This is the reason given by our item inspector:

This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria

Unfortunately, we cannot accept your file. Your file appears to follow a popular design trend which we receive a LOT of submission for on GraphicRiver (Popular trends are listed on http://wiki.envato.com/selling/tips-selling/graphicriver-files-we-need-and-dont-need/) Because of the high submission volume for popular trends, we must be exceedingly stringent on what files we accept. Generally, we can only accept files which are impeccably executed and complete or take a new spin on a well-known design concept. This doesn’t mean we won’t ever accept another file like this, it just means that if you want to upload one, you’ll need to take a unique approach or somehow make it better than the ones we already have. Since your file is being rejected due to the type, we kindly ask you not to re-upload it, however we look forward to your new submissions.

Thanks for submitting your content to GraphicRiver”

The end of the flyer era? I’m not mad for the rejection itself.. but it’s very incoherent to approve some files that i have seen in the last few weeks and seems very weak designs and DEFINITELY not “impeccably executed and complete or take a new spin on a well-known design concept”. I don’t want to be conceited, I’m just trying to be honest.

159 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Turkey
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
retinalsin says

Certainly agree with you.It was difficult to be approved up to 3-4 months from now. But Even if a very amateurish, many items(print templates) now being accepted.. anyway good luck to everyone ;)

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Germany
Jayne says

I had to read this too and I think it’s a very lame reason for not being approved.

131 posts
  • Australia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
sevenstyles says

hmm this is interesting. Indie, I would love to see your design. They may have just become very strict again

153 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
Elicabe says

Maybe GraphicRiver team can delete the “0 purchases” flyers added mmmm 2 months ago? to make space for the best flyer creators…

390 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
Rayzong says

Maybe GraphicRiver team can delete the “0 purchases” flyers added mmmm 2 months ago? to make space for the best flyer creators…

I fully agreed if not it cause the buyer to have a hard time searching for awesome design.

131 posts
  • Australia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
sevenstyles says

I fully agreed if not it cause the buyer to have a hard time searching for awesome design.

Yes I agree

3085 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
Raincutter says

Yes I agree

That will not happen.

1) It’s unfair to those authors. 2) Something like that never happened when bokeh and web button era ended. Guess why, because again, it’s unfair. 3) If they do this then the next thing we’ll see is forums being flooded by threads to remove all the items uploaded in past. :D

I’m not mad for the rejection itself.. but it’s very incoherent to approve some files that i have seen in the last few weeks and seems very weak designs and DEFINITELY not “impeccably executed and complete or take a new spin on a well-known design concept”. I don’t want to be conceited, I’m just trying to be honest.
A long ago in past, some of the authors tried to say the same thing in a relative thread. Their items were not even rejected though they cared about the quality of files. Guess what happened? A few supported it but a lot said that one should only care about their files and everyone else agreed with them. Those topics are now serving in hell. Ain’t have nothing to say anymore. Guess the flyer era just ended.
2001 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • United States
Graphic-Studio says

Can we see it, or your preview?

1236 posts
  • Community Moderator