1666 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

Why laugh ArikB it’s legal :D

4136 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says
If you are going to say that you used masks I am going to laugh :)

It doesn’t matter how you do it, what count is the final result. You spend to much time on GR i think, bad habit :P

48 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
radd says

Hi guys, sorry I was away. Lots of stuff happened here since.

Thanks akoufen, wow that’s a great technique!! Really, I will not forget that in future projects. The problem is (like you said) is time. Since it’s such a long curved-line/path we can’t afford to spend too much animation time on it.

I found some other stuff on the old internet: saving your .ai path into SVG format and showing it like so: http://flash-creations.com/notes/sample_svgtoflash.php

Problem is that this is AS2 and I also can’t find the package “animation package” by Alex Uhlmann (apparently).

tsafi, what does it mean hard-coding? I don’t even know where to start or what to google. Did someone else make this kind of “hard-coding” before or what’s the topic?

I really appreciate this community. Thanks a lot for your replies.

2201 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
ArikB says
It doesn’t matter how you do it, what count is the final result. You spend to much time on GR i think, bad habit :P

I meant that in a positive way. When I was a little sh*t I made this heartbeat animation by taking a layer, cutting out the shape and just passing a graphic underneath that. In my experience coders want to code EVERYTHING , this while animation is one of the core applications of flash.

So yes, kudos here.

4136 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
tsafi says

tsafi, what does it mean hard-coding? I don’t even know where to start or what to google. Did someone else make this kind of “hard-coding” before or what’s the topic?

I really appreciate this community. Thanks a lot for your replies.

Well first svg is a great technique when using it with flash but its a hard coding mining(AS3) there is a lot of math like Math.sqrt sin cos function atc ` and curve angle + flowing text with svg require you to shift text string from spaces to commas, then deal as it for Illustrator if you want to be pull from xml then set math point , x,y = you will need to find location of point, defining start of segment then Z rotation of segment last entry to define just a point on the stage ,then number of subdivisions to define which curve will be divided the string stage point and …….

As I say not easy but svg technique is what you are looking for, you can do some crazy and unique effects with svg but you need a master coder for this for sure …

4136 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
tsafi says

I meant that in a positive way. When I was a little sht I made this heartbeat animation by taking a layer, cutting out the shape and just passing a graphic underneath that. In my experience coders want to code EVERYTHING , this while animation is one of the core applications of flash.

So yes, kudos here.

I love animation stuff it’s the flash founder from start ,but today less and less you see animation in flash people want fast (cheap) and light solution on the run and that’s what coding do ,I do flash for so long more then 10 years,in my wilds dream i never thought ill become a coder ,still coders today have a problem(AS3) they lean to much on code recycle or use of external class like tween engine bla bla this is why you see a lot of similarity.

But hey IMO flash have better option in creativity then any platform out there when it come to web site creativity, just visit WP :P

And Arik that is new to me as you say “When I was a little sht” i did know that ….

48 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
radd says
..... As I say not easy but svg technique is what you are looking for, you can do some crazy and unique effects with svg but you need a master coder for this for sure …

True to that, I hardly understood what you described there. I looked at the AS2 code used for that SVG example and does not seem that difficult to port it towards AS3 . I saw only Math functions inside, which are the same everywhere.

4136 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
tsafi says

^ Yas I forget need to try explained in a simple way.

i couldn’t find the source code there ,but every time you use math in flash there is not that much deference as to A2 vs AS3 on pure coding, the problem your effect require a continuity fallow thats the problem when using svg like a string you have to use curve function atc`

48 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
radd says

I again didn’t quite understood everything :) You can download the sources, clicking ‘free download’ on your right-hand side of the page.

Open them and tell me if there’s anything particular in them. I think I can port that to AS3 . The problem is that I can’t find the “animation package” classes.

525 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Europe
Pirenko says

Thanks for sharing. This is just what I was searching :nerdy:

by