138 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+2 more
M-Theme says

“Inadmissible shortcodes” will not be allowed in “shortcode” plugins If that’s true do you know how buyers will react?

That’s not what we said, so let’s assume it’s not what we meant ;)

These will be inadmissible in the theme. Shortcodes should be in plugins, not the theme itself, as much as possible.

Means theme will can’t allowed any shortcodes? Theme author will create a plugin with his shortcode?

Thanks.

I’m curious. If the user used my shortcode plugin with others theme, and it has issue, who will give the support?

248 posts Premium Website Design
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeFusion says

“Inadmissible shortcodes” will not be allowed in “shortcode” plugins If that’s true do you know how buyers will react?

That’s not what we said, so let’s assume it’s not what we meant ;)

These will be inadmissible in the theme. Shortcodes should be in plugins, not the theme itself, as much as possible.

Means theme will can’t allowed any shortcodes? Theme author will create a plugin with his shortcode?

Thanks.
I’m curious. If the user used my shortcode plugin with others theme, and it has issue, who will give the support?

Good question.

301 posts Mad Dog
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
mad_dog says

@Japh Someone asked about page builder and you know how it works – what is your stance on that?

Yes, that’s a good question. All of my themes are based on page builder. Any response?

138 posts
+2 more
M-Theme says

If we will work on this new Submission Requirements, I hope themeforest can build a theme framework to us, then we can all build theme based on the framework. So the theme will meet the Submission Requirements. haha…

1789 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

We’re not creating blog themes here, there are LOTS of very complex themes that use a variety of features like custom post types. How are you going to use them with the new rules? Using a plugin? No, because even if the custom post type will be there, the new theme won’t know it exists and won’t use it. And if you bundle it directly in the theme, it will work only with that specific theme.

So?!

Not speaking about page builders, which are most likely built individually for each theme, as each theme has its own elements, its own pages, one grid system(that may differ from other themes and may not mix up very well).

So?

301 posts Mad Dog
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
mad_dog says

We’re not creating blog themes here, there are LOTS of very complex themes that use a variety of features like custom post types. How are you going to use them with the new rules? Using a plugin? No, because even if the custom post type will be there, the new theme won’t know it exists and won’t use it. And if you bundle it directly in the theme, it will work only with that specific theme.

So?!

Not speaking about page builders, which are most likely built individually for each theme, as each theme has its own elements, its own pages, one grid system(that may differ from other themes and may not mix up very well).

So?

+1 We create custom themes, not a default/empty wp skin.

141 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
BonfireThemes says

I fully understand and support using these guidelines (with a few exceptions that are already being discussed) for future submissions, but should themes already available on TF really be subjected to these guidelines?

Essentially, the longer you’ve been earning money on Envato, the more work you have to do now if you wish to hold on to that income. If you have a dozen, two dozen, three dozen themes up on TF, you’ll be facing busy times indeed. It’s like a retroactive law; you’re kind of being punished for something that was completely permissible at the time you did it…

63 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
PrimeThemes says

There’s one distinction to be made here: WP.org plugins are public, available to anyone, anywhere and essentially optional. You can choose to use them, or ignore them as you please. This is the essence of a plugin, which cannot be a requirement.

+1

..Do you believe your customers will only use a ThemeForest theme and its bundled plugins, without any plugins from wp.org? And that plugins bought from CodeCanyon will only be used with ThemeForest themes, and not themes from wp.org?

What is the problem with that? the point is we make “custom” wp theme here at themeforest, we can’t guarantee that all free and/or premium plugins will work nicely with our theme (except the ones that clearly state in the item description). Most of people bought premium themes for business, and if they want to add more features from any plugins – they need to modify the plugins or the theme to make it 100% compatible.

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+5 more
Japh Envato team says

If we will work on this new Submission Requirements, I hope themeforest can build a theme framework to us, then we can all build theme based on the framework. So the theme will meet the Submission Requirements. haha…

Have you tried using OptionTree at all?

138 posts
+2 more
M-Theme says

Have you tried using OptionTree at all?

Yes, I have tried using OptionTree. But It can’t do all the thing I want. I think if he(she) is a good coder, he will write the most of code by himself. So I am.

by
by
by
by
by
by