• Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
pixedelic says

Why this whole circus? Did the authors complain? No. Did the buyers complain? No. If the buyers – authors relationship worked and works without any real trouble, why changing it? Why require us to have the same standards as the themes on wp.org? The marketplaces are totally different, we’re selling different products, different solutions, there are different needs here. Do you know how many e-mails I get weekly from people that don’t know how to import sample .xml files or don’t know how to properly install the theme? Or they don’t know where to put custom css code? You expect them to install 5 plugins, configure them and get the same demo look with the new rules? It will probably double, triple our support requests and the time involved supporting the items. Who do you think will lose that time? Of course not Envato, it’s us authors that lose. Less sales, more time spend on the marketplaces supporting the items.

+1

137 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
M-Theme says

@finaldestiny

come now man stop the trash talking. Do you really think that Japh and the guys have nothing to do and now they think out hoops for us to jump through?

There’s pressures to play here much broader than just Envato.

Time to take of the bibs and put on the aprons that’s all.

Why this whole circus? Did the authors complain? No. Did the buyers complain? No. If the buyers – authors relationship worked and works without any real trouble, why changing it? Why require us to have the same standards as the themes on wp.org? The marketplaces are totally different, we’re selling different products, different solutions, there are different needs here.

Do you know how many e-mails I get weekly from people that don’t know how to import sample .xml files or don’t know how to properly install the theme? Or they don’t know where to put custom css code? You expect them to install 5 plugins, configure them and get the same demo look with the new rules? It will probably double, triple our support requests and the time involved supporting the items. Who do you think will lose that time? Of course not Envato, it’s us authors that lose. Less sales, more time spend on the marketplaces supporting the items.

+1, I hope the team can know how we work for our users.

253 posts Mad Dog
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
mad_dog says

@finaldestiny

come now man stop the trash talking. Do you really think that Japh and the guys have nothing to do and now they think out hoops for us to jump through?

There’s pressures to play here much broader than just Envato.

Time to take of the bibs and put on the aprons that’s all.

Why this whole circus? Did the authors complain? No. Did the buyers complain? No. If the buyers – authors relationship worked and works without any real trouble, why changing it? Why require us to have the same standards as the themes on wp.org? The marketplaces are totally different, we’re selling different products, different solutions, there are different needs here.

Do you know how many e-mails I get weekly from people that don’t know how to import sample .xml files or don’t know how to properly install the theme? Or they don’t know where to put custom css code? You expect them to install 5 plugins, configure them and get the same demo look with the new rules? It will probably double, triple our support requests and the time involved supporting the items. Who do you think will lose that time? Of course not Envato, it’s us authors that lose. Less sales, more time spend on the marketplaces supporting the items.

+1 I’m totally disappointed, no words :( 2 years of hard work, branding custom developed page builder and now I have to become a plugin developer instead of creating cool themes.

67 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
SmoothThemes says

The poor decisions will be noticed in a few months, when the buyers will no longer be interested in buying crap skins anymore and will look for other shops where they get a full solution without headaches and lots of time wasted on installing and achieving the demo. Or authors start moving to other markets when they’ll notice the drop in sales.

Envato requesting all kind of changes to us, yet when we request something, we get nothing. Yeah, that’s correct. Searchable comments? Nah, too much work for that. Responsive website? Noooo, who needs that. The search function of both the website and the forums are A BIG JOKE.

I’ve had just one request in the last year for Envato, to change my withdrawal date so I can get my money on time because, you know, it’s summer, holidays and stuff, all of us need money. But guess what, the programmers are just too lazy to use half an hour for an author that generated over 80k profit for Envato in like 11 months.

Quoted from envato.com “A Community Focused Company.”. What a joke. You don’t give a damn about the community, the authors, the buyers or anyone, you modify the rules based on whatever other blogs say about you and the themes here. Just because some of the authors don’t have any idea about most of the coding rules and the code they put inside their themes, it doesn’t mean all of us are newbies and don’t know how to code.

Sorry if I’m rude, but that’s the obvious truth. And it’s not me that says it, all these 36 pages say it. If authors like ThemeFusion, Kriesi say you didn’t really give a damn about their opinions, then who do you care about? I mean, buyers obviously don’t have any position in this, authors not a chance, since there were lots of elite guys complaining about the new rules…When will you come and make a public thread and ask the community and the authors about the changes? And do changes based on what they say? Most likely never.
+1, like your thought.
137 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
M-Theme says
mad_dog said: +1 I’m totally disappointed, no words :( 2 years of hard work, branding custom developed page builder and now I have to become a plugin developer instead of creating cool themes.

I agree with you. Until now it has 360+ replies. I think it will not make any changes. We can all stop to talk about the topic. All are going to sleep.

484 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
+1 more
omarabid says

wp_enqueue_script() must be used to add any JavaScript code to a page.

I have a question about that. I’m using backstretch and I should add this code for every page to find the featured image of the page…

<script type="text/javascript"> jQuery("body").backstretch("<?php echo $post_thumbnail_url ?>"); </script>

I’m also using different javascript files for different pages. (homepage.js for homepage, innerpage.js for some inner pages) So I can’t add them to the pages like the following, right?

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo get_template_directory_uri(); ?>/js/homepage.js"></script> So… what should I do now? :)

Wrong way. Mingling PHP and JavaScript is very wrong. Use AJAX instead.

88 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
DesignPuma says

WordPress Assets

3. Themes will be required to use whichever version of jQuery ships with that version of WordPress.
4. Authors are not allowed to deregister the default version of jQuery and load another one.

Whats wrong if we use the newer version of jquery?
3448 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

How should i rewrite this theme with plugins?

I’m starting the search for a new marketplace :D just kidding..i love themeforest :)

493 posts Code is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
egemenerd says

Wrong way. Mingling PHP and JavaScript is very wrong. Use AJAX instead.

Hey thanks for reply,

I decided to use the following way;

if ( !is_page_template('homepage.php')) {        
wp_enqueue_script('innerjs', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/innerpage.js','','',true); 
}
if ( is_page_template('homepage.php') ) {      
wp_enqueue_script('homepagejs', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/homepage.js','','',true);  
} 
etc .....
174 posts Enjoy!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
XanderRock says

The poor decisions will be noticed in a few months, when the buyers will no longer be interested in buying crap skins anymore and will look for other shops where they get a full solution without headaches and lots of time wasted on installing and achieving the demo. Or authors start moving to other markets when they’ll notice the drop in sales.

Envato requesting all kind of changes to us, yet when we request something, we get nothing. Yeah, that’s correct. Searchable comments? Nah, too much work for that. Responsive website? Noooo, who needs that. The search function of both the website and the forums are A BIG JOKE.

I’ve had just one request in the last year for Envato, to change my withdrawal date so I can get my money on time because, you know, it’s summer, holidays and stuff, all of us need money. But guess what, the programmers are just too lazy to use half an hour for an author that generated over 80k profit for Envato in like 11 months.

Quoted from envato.com “A Community Focused Company.”. What a joke. You don’t give a damn about the community, the authors, the buyers or anyone, you modify the rules based on whatever other blogs say about you and the themes here. Just because some of the authors don’t have any idea about most of the coding rules and the code they put inside their themes, it doesn’t mean all of us are newbies and don’t know how to code.

Sorry if I’m rude, but that’s the obvious truth. And it’s not me that says it, all these 36 pages say it. If authors like ThemeFusion, Kriesi say you didn’t really give a damn about their opinions, then who do you care about? I mean, buyers obviously don’t have any position in this, authors not a chance, since there were lots of elite guys complaining about the new rules…When will you come and make a public thread and ask the community and the authors about the changes? And do changes based on what they say? Most likely never.

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by