33 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
JonnyShogun says

This thread should 100% be locked. A lot of authors have already spoken and asked most questions that needed to be asked at this stage. Lock it and start a new one when the guidelines have been revised.

i totally agree.. too many people are using this thread to ask their “how to do this and that”. Envato Staff said to hold on to any more replies until they post the New Revised Wordpress Theme Submission Guidelines. I don’t think people on here know how to read and wait!

It would be cool if the new Revised guidelines are started in a new thread to prevent confusion for the guidelines. Envato, please LOCK this thread until the revised guidelines are posted!

1 post
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
totalportal says

What about the Famous WordPress Frameworks like GANTRY and WARP , Will it be acceptable? with the new requirements?

There’s no reason to exclude good frameworks even unknown so we need just smart coding, I hope :)

7572 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

poor envato staff that needs to read all this thread. :D (and reply also)

I’ve had the idea to read everything this morning but then I’ve saw the number of posts (around 690 :D )

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for your feedback and the very helpful discussion. We’ve all been reading and taking your feedback on board and will be adjusting as appropriate. We’ll be posting a followup within the next couple days to provide clarification on the questions asked here and the adjusted plan moving forward. We’re also going to work much harder at improving our communications around these things — this is a very key aspect that senior management, Japh and I discussed first thing this morning.

I also want to add that we want to do as much as we can to work with authors to ease the transition to new requirements and minimize, as much as possible, potential negative impact those changes might have on everyone. The main goal here is to start getting our submission requirements published and continually work with authors to improve them. :-)

In the mean time, please hold tight while we pull together further information for clarification and revise how we launch the updated submission requirements, particularly the bigger changes with more significant potential impacts.

Thanks everyone!

1599 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

Its about time a major theme author provided some feedback on this matter, and we will do such soon.

Wow, that’s a bold statement there sir.

29 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
Softwebmedia says

I think custom post type is good to keep in the theme otherwise it will take more time for buyers to import demo content. For example for portfolio – buyer need to install portfolio plugin and import demo content for portfolio posts and same for other post types like testimonials, team members, sliders, FAQs etc. – this is time consuming for buyers.

We (all authors) have different (or unique) design for all post types in each theme and for this we have to make each post types plugin for each theme – this is time consuming for authors.

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

I think custom post type is good to keep in the theme otherwise it will take more time for buyers to import demo content. For example for portfolio – buyer need to install portfolio plugin and import demo content for portfolio posts and same for other post types like testimonials, team members, sliders, FAQs etc. – this is time consuming for buyers. We (all authors) have different (or unique) design for all post types in each theme and for this we have to make each post types plugin for each theme – this is time consuming for authors.

Totally agreed. Post types should be kept inside.

954 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
aleluja says

^ well the point of having CPTs inside a plugin is that user can access the data when he/she changes theme.

168 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Decneo says

I think custom post type is good to keep in the theme otherwise it will take more time for buyers to import demo content. For example for portfolio – buyer need to install portfolio plugin and import demo content for portfolio posts and same for other post types like testimonials, team members, sliders, FAQs etc. – this is time consuming for buyers. We (all authors) have different (or unique) design for all post types in each theme and for this we have to make each post types plugin for each theme – this is time consuming for authors.
Totally agreed. Post types should be kept inside.

Agreed too.

8 posts
  • Located in Ukraine
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Victory-Design says

If i use non-standard attributes in hrml(for jQuery), my theme? disapprove? ThemeForest will create the documentation for developers?

by
by
by
by
by
by