857 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Featured in the Envato Market Community podcast
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
Jordan_M Envato team says

MicrolancerToday is a big day at Envato as we have a really exciting announcement to make. For the last three months, a new team has been hard at work deep in the bowels of Envato HQ (it’s actually really nice!) on our latest product. We’re really pumped to share this with you and hope you can see the possibilities it will open up within the Envato ecosystem.┬áIt’s called Microlancer, and Collis wanted to record a little message to introduce it to you.

Introducing Microlancer

See Collis’ Video on the Envato YouTube!

Microlancer is going to be a new way for freelancers to connect with buyers who are interested in getting small-scale creative jobs done simply, transparently, safely and quickly. We have built a platform which allows buyers to easily explore a world of different services they can buy, such as logo customisation, photo retouching and many more. We want to create a virtual shopfront for small creative services. Buyers will choose a service they want from a service provider they like. They’ll be able to see upfront everything from price to turnaround time to number of revisions to work samples. They’ll know exactly what they’re getting, no surprises. When they’re happy to proceed, we’ll facilitate the transaction from start to finish.

We believe that for small jobs, it doesn’t make sense for buyers to have different freelancers bid on their job and then assess whether those freelancers can do the job. At Microlancer we’ll be reviewing all the services on the site, ensuring that buyers have a quality experience. Getting a little job done should be as easy as picking a great freelancer and getting started.

We’re aiming to make life easier for our service providers too! Firstly, we’ll connect you with a huge network of potential buyers who are after your services. You’ll have a profile and service pages, and the power of the enormous Envato network bringing you buyers. Admin work like tracking jobs, communication and taking payment will all be handled for you.

Early Access Beta for Service Providers

We’re launching lean, with a starting focus on services in the graphics/creative design industry, and will soon expand to include many areas of the creative spectrum based on community feedback and demand.

Update We are happy to say that we have received thousands of expressions of interest to be a part of the private Beta, as such we have temporarily stopped accepting new registrations. We are looking forward to launching an open Beta soon. Please keep an eye on Envato Notes, or register for our newsletter to be notified when we open the doors again. Thank you so much for your interest.

We haven’t said much about Microlancer yet as we wanted to make sure everything was on track before announcing it publicly. We know you probably have a lot of questions about the site and how it works, but please keep in mind we’re still finalising everything for our full launch, which is coming very soon! So sit tight and get excited, we will have more to reveal soon.

Thanks everyone, we absolutely can’t wait for you to get your paws all over our new addition to the Envato ecosystem!

3946 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
miseld says

Thanks Jordan, it would be great if you “Video Editing” and/or “Video post production” fields can be included in Services registration form.

7571 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Thanks Jordan, it would be great if you “Video Editing” and/or “Video post production” fields can be included in Services registration form.

that is my first suggestion also. :)

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Cannot register, just says a missing field is required. Perhaps because my username is also a Country ?

Strike that, seemingly someone forgot to add Surname as required field

3946 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
miseld says

Cannot register, just says a missing field is required. Perhaps because my username is also a Country ? Strike that, seemingly someone forgot to add Surname as required field

Did you try to not capitalize “A” letter from your username

I’ve registered but no confirmation email or anything…

I need that “Beta” badge :)

365 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
OrangeIdea says

Cool, i’m in :)

4326 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

I’m in! Awesome! :)

1612 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month