1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

With all respect, and without screenshot: Somebody would explain to me please, is this about beta testing, or you guys, want to generate there a bunch of starter freelancers with services?

I dont see anything else at the moment, only my profile page, and i can create a service but without any possibility to take a look on the field previously.

7644 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

With all respect, and without screenshot: Somebody would explain to me please, is this about beta testing, or you guys, want to generate there a bunch of starter freelancers with services?

Just by using that website you are doing a beta test. Developers team check behind the scene how the website performs while you are creating your profile, click on buttons or whatever you need to do there.

Is a little strange they didn’t provide a hidden forum so people can give suggestion and feedback but is not obligatory to listen to the beta testers.

I think this is similar with the analytics beta program they did in the past. We just used the website but we had no method to provide suggestions or feedback. Also we were forbidden to speak about the website on the forum. Only later after some months a thread was made on the forum where we had the possibility to speak about the website. Off course at that moment every author could get in and use that feature, so technically it was a different part of the program.

They just checked how people used the website and that was the beta program.

I think developers trust numbers not what people say so probably it make sense to act like this. Also, they don’t need direction about what they should do with the website, it was already decided by the staff. They know what they have to do. They have a plan, they have deadline to meet, now they just need people to use that website and see what happens.

Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing bad in this behavior, just some misunderstanding on what beta program means.

6029 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Don’t worry anything about private Beta. Public Beta may have full set of features to access.

I do worry about only one thing: Having an upper limit for budget. Freelancers are already dizzy :?

Is every project posting expected to be reviewed and any project that goes unrealistic / beyond limit will be rejected? or there will be another venture like “macrolancer” in the future? :D I am sure even if bigger projects are rejected, it would be tough to reject too many (of paying client) and we all know the consequences :|

628 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+4 more
femo says

I’m in! Awesome! :)

572 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
BoxedCreative says

This is for support at microlancer. Can someone reply to my question regarding microlancer! It’s been 4 days and I haven’t received a reply?

1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

This is for support at microlancer. Can someone reply to my question regarding microlancer! It’s been 4 days and I haven’t received a reply?

Have you signed in already?

860 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Featured in the Envato Market Community podcast
+7 more
Jordan_M Envato team says

I dont see anything else at the moment, only my profile page, and i can create a service but without any possibility to take a look on the field previously.

It’s about both, we want to seed the site with services and get feedback on what service providers think of our current implementation. When we open the public beta (not too far off) you can see the whole site.

+7 more

Have a question. Service(s) must be real, or its ok with a hypothetical?

I’m sorry, I’m not sure I understand your question?

+7 more

Just by using that website you are doing a beta test. Developers team check behind the scene how the website performs while you are creating your profile, click on buttons or whatever you need to do there.

Is a little strange they didn’t provide a hidden forum so people can give suggestion and feedback but is not obligatory to listen to the beta testers.

I think this is similar with the analytics beta program they did in the past. We just used the website but we had no method to provide suggestions or feedback. Also we were forbidden to speak about the website on the forum. Only later after some months a thread was made on the forum where we had the possibility to speak about the website. Off course at that moment every author could get in and use that feature, so technically it was a different part of the program.

They just checked how people used the website and that was the beta program.

I think developers trust numbers not what people say so probably it make sense to act like this. Also, they don’t need direction about what they should do with the website, it was already decided by the staff. They know what they have to do. They have a plan, they have deadline to meet, now they just need people to use that website and see what happens.

Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing bad in this behavior, just some misunderstanding on what beta program means.

You can provide your Beta feedback via the Microlancer Contact Us page. I’m reading all of the feedback emails and bug reports myself. We’re mostly basing feedback on what you guys say, not automated stuff or analytics at this stage. Actual human perspective is most valuable at the moment – data without a large sample is not as accurate.

+7 more

I’ve searched the system but I can’t find your email :( Can you contact me directly by emailing me? jordan at envato.com! Sorry to be a pain :(

by
by
by
by
by
by