853 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
Jordan_M Envato team says

Aaaaaaand we’re live! http://instagram.com/p/XlSVMrDFgz/

Visit http://www.microlancer.com to check out the latest addition to the Envato family.

181 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
iluzie says

Woooohhooooo! :sing: Congrats microlancer

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Good luck with the site everyone – Jordan you guys may want to grab an iPad as your pages scroll sideways when they shouldn’t also images chopped because of it on home page and item pages -plus your carousel really should be touch swipe enabled ( the arrow on the item pages is off screen causing side scrolling – you could remove those via media query and enable swipe )

Just some feedback

Jonathan

+7 more

Good luck with the site everyone – Jordan you guys may want to grab an iPad as your pages scroll sideways when they shouldn’t also images chopped because of it on home page and item pages -plus your carousel really should be touch swipe enabled ( the arrow on the item pages is off screen causing side scrolling – you could remove those via media query and enable swipe )

Just some feedback

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan! Yeah there’s a few things we still need to tweak for mobile had to scope those for after launch. We’ll get those quirks fixed as soon as we can but I’ve let our frontend dev know specifically. Thanks for the feedback :)

5339 posts The Dude Abides
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
CodingJack says

Congrats on the launch. Site looks really nice :) I don’t see any advertisements on the marketplaces. Is this coming? And if so, can we expect advertisements on our item pages or the downloads page?

+7 more

Congrats on the launch. Site looks really nice :) I don’t see any advertisements on the marketplaces. Is this coming? And if so, can we expect advertisements on our item pages or the downloads page?

Thanks man! Really appreciate the kind words. We’re still figuring out how to handle Marketplace integration, any plan will involve the community though – we know how important integration is to get right. So rest easy on that front. ;)

5339 posts The Dude Abides
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
CodingJack says

We’re still figuring out how to handle Marketplace integration, any plan will involve the community though – we know how important integration is to get right. So rest easy on that front. ;)

It was hard to judge before seeing it from the user side. What I like about it is it’s geared toward generic services and not specific marketplace-items. If that setup remains it will be a win-win, because most people will still contact me for item-specific customizations, and when I can’t take the job I can just refer them to Microlancer.

Which leads me to another thought. Maybe Microlancer can have a referral program? :delicious:

3047 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Any plans on commission referrals down the track?

I’ve just started promoting microlancer on my website using a quick WordPress plugin I just created.

Quick Example:

http://dtbaker.net/envato/custom-themeforest-or-codecanyon-modifications/?microlancerservice=art-illustration

Plugin:

https://github.com/dtbaker/microlancer_wp_plugin

Still gotta make it look nice (something I’m not good at doing).

+7 more

We’re still figuring out how to handle Marketplace integration, any plan will involve the community though – we know how important integration is to get right. So rest easy on that front. ;)

It was hard to judge before seeing it from the user side. What I like about it is it’s geared toward generic services and not specific marketplace-items. If that setup remains it will be a win-win, because most people will still contact me for item-specific customizations, and when I can’t take the job I can just refer them to Microlancer.

Which leads me to another thought. Maybe Microlancer can have a referral program? :delicious:

Yeah, it’s important to us to make sure we get it right. We know how important the implementation is to authors.

Re: referral program – we’ve had some ideas but certainly nothing solid yet. I’d say it’s a bit further down the line :)

+7 more

Any plans on commission referrals down the track?

I’ve just started promoting microlancer on my website using a quick WordPress plugin I just created.

Quick Example:

http://dtbaker.net/envato/custom-themeforest-or-codecanyon-modifications/?microlancerservice=art-illustration

Plugin:

https://github.com/dtbaker/microlancer_wp_plugin Still gotta make it look nice (something I’m not good at doing).

Wow! You’re quick ;) awesome. Someone give this guy a community superstar badge!

by
by
by
by
by
by