1351 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

I am going crazy with a buyer. Please look at the comments of my recent item.

He is going crazy because I replied to one of his tickets in 3 days and it was during weekend, in my defense. Its been a week since he started leaving bad comments, and just keeps going.

I want to refund this guy, delete his comments and get it over with.

Else I am going to start arguing with him on item pages.

491 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeBeans says

Gosh that is one horrid person trying to stir the pot with you.

I had a similar situation occur a couple of months ago (but the user was a bit more vulgar) so after repeated attempts to communicate on a respectful level I submitted a ticket to support about the user and flagged all of their defamatory remarks – & I blocked them from Twitter/Facebook as the user was attacking on those avenues as well.

Now I simply link to my Support Policy and be as nice as I can be – even if I’m yelling at the computer screen in frustration. Lastly, I recommend them to Envato Support like you have as well.

It looks like you’ve handled it alright so far, but I would not comment anymore on the responses from that user. It seems like you’ll just fuel the fire and he/she will keep going at it at the seemingly repetitive and unwarranted responses – which in the end makes everyone’s day worse.

All in all he’ll get bored of harassing you and (hopefully) will get suspended if the level of communication is not respectful.

Rich

1351 posts
+6 more
fuelthemes says

Thanks for the support ThemeBeans,

I don’t understand people like these. I mean, I am using Ticksy and it says that my average response time is 1.5 days for latest theme. And this particular customer, opened 3 tickets. I solved them in 3 days, 15 hours and 7 hours. They need to understand that we are people as well and deserve a weekend every now and then.

I contacted support, and apparently, authors cannot ask to refund a customer.

I wish we could do something about the comments these types of users leave. It just looks bad for the author.

+3 more
ThemeBeans says

For the amount of comments posted alone I would suggest flagging them. From the looks of the initial ticket it seemed his head was set on being headstrong and uncommunicative from the start.

Def let support know what he’s doing to your comments pages. It’s ridiculous.

585 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
AlexFjord says

@fuelthemes I feel so sorry for you with this-clearly a buyer who is selective as to what t&c he reads. I do truly sympathise and feel you have done all you can and been more polite than many would be- my particular favourite is that they run their own web design agency that a) can’t fix problems (most likely self inflicted) and b) “use a lot of themeforest themes”.

I did look at the theme demo an it looks great, definitely no glaring issues.

I am not attacking buyers just think on this occasion it seems unfairly one sided not to defend the author and the reputation more especially when it sounds a bit like themeforest authors are all that is keeping his “web design business” afloat.

1351 posts
+6 more
fuelthemes says

@ThemeBeans, @AlexFjord Thanks guys, it was great to read a 3rd person view on this matter.

After talking with Envato support, I decided to flag them. I do not flag messages usually, but I felt that it was the way to go this time.

+3 more
ThemeBeans says

I do truly sympathise and feel you have done all you can and been more polite than many would be- my particular favourite is that they run their own web design agency that a) can’t fix problems (most likely self inflicted) and b) “use a lot of themeforest themes”.

Kinda odd since the account has purchased less than 10 items and is under a year old. Almost smell a spammer :/

3855 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

I am going to jump in here as an established BUYER not an Author (well one day I will find the time to release something!).

I am completely on Fuelthemes side ad believe you made the right decision to lag any comments like that. Your profile clearly states as does your comments that all support takes place through your dedicated channel so with that in mind the unnecessary and unfair comments are unsuitable for the general item comments section and should be removed.

We buy a lot of files here – rarely actually for client sites (actually except for yours @Themebeans!), and weather a buyer is relatively experienced like us or a complete novice you know how cheap these amazing items are (otherwise you would not be here) and we for one would NEVER speak to or disrespect an author that way.

Of all similar threads it is AlexFjord’s point that gets us the most – “web designers” who mislead clients and make deadlines based on budget assumptions only ever bring this upon themselves.

Fair play to you Fuelthemes for having the patience of a saint and I hope the problem gets resolved quickly. Again this is not an attack on buyers this is a recognition that this marketplace is a two way street and there needs to be mutual respect (as demonstrated by Fuelthemes) at BOTH ends.

506 posts Code is Poetry
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
egemenerd says

Hey man, I read the item comments and these customers are unbelievable. I think, they believe that they buy slaves who are working 7/24 and solve all of their problems for 40-50 dollars :)

We really need a refund button for these kinds of situations ;)

+3 more
ThemeBeans says

I am going to jump in here as an established BUYER not an Author (well one day I will find the time to release something!).

I am completely on Fuelthemes side ad believe you made the right decision to lag any comments like that. Your profile clearly states as does your comments that all support takes place through your dedicated channel so with that in mind the unnecessary and unfair comments are unsuitable for the general item comments section and should be removed.

We buy a lot of files here – rarely actually for client sites (actually except for yours @Themebeans!), and weather a buyer is relatively experienced like us or a complete novice you know how cheap these amazing items are (otherwise you would not be here) and we for one would NEVER speak to or disrespect an author that way.

Of all similar threads it is AlexFjord’s point that gets us the most – “web designers” who mislead clients and make deadlines based on budget assumptions only ever bring this upon themselves.

Fair play to you Fuelthemes for having the patience of a saint and I hope the problem gets resolved quickly. Again this is not an attack on buyers this is a recognition that this marketplace is a two way street and there needs to be mutual respect (as demonstrated by Fuelthemes) at BOTH ends.

Well spoken. +1

by
by
by
by
by
by