232 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
placdarms Envato team says

In authors tutorial there is title that says: Annual Review of Files

Every year items on the Envato Marketplaces are reviewed to ensure the library remains up to date with current software and trends. If your item does not pass review, you will receive email notification and your item will become inactive after 30 days.

If you check this link you’ll notice there are files from 2006 with 2 or even 0 sales. http://videohive.net/category/motion-graphics?order=asc&sort_by=published_at

I recently deleted some of my Backgrounds with 6, 8 and 11 sales thinking it’s not worth to occupy Envato servers with those files.

860 posts Nicely done
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+9 more
MotionRevolver Envato team says

Interesting. I know there was some discussion not long ago about deleting files after a certain amount of time (I think it was 6 months) if they sit at 0 sales.

It would definitely be a good idea to remove the extra stuff that isn’t selling to make the searches and content more relevant.

5194 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

I think this is a good idea, but it should be automated. It’d be too much work to go through and re-review a bunch of low selling files.

Maybe if your file hasn’t sold more than 10 times after six months or so.

-f.

1641 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

+1

Realy great idea. Ok but lets say if the file has sales something like 30, but the last purchase was 2 years ago ?

I think it should be something like minimum 5 sales in 6 months if the price is 15$ and above.. and if the price is below 15$, if this item were not sold for at least 10 times in 6 months it will be deleted, or author informed to make some drasticly-good changes to it (because sometimes it is all what is needed for older items made in 7.0 or cs3)

sure the system should be worked out realy well, to make sure that the deleted item was realy of no importance and the relevance aswel as freed space is of bigger use.

222 posts What dreams may come...
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
VideoMagus says

Hey dudes, why just to kill your low selling files? Definitely, somebody would like to purchase them today or tomorrow… or after tomorrow… may be for a less price… So before deleting better to get and promote some monthly clearance sales with 50% like in a real market… I guess, actually the the Bargain Basement was designed for that, but on VH it’s not refreshing very long time… And BTW there is always competition between media stocks also in amount of media files they have to offer… ;)

cloud9communication
cloud9communication Recent Posts Threads Started
599 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in India
+3 more
cloud9communication says

Hey dudes, why just to kill your low selling files? Definitely, somebody would like to purchase them today or tomorrow… or after tomorrow… may be for a less price… So before deleting better to get and promote some monthly clearance sales with 50% like in a real market… I guess, actually the the Bargain Basement was designed for that, but on VH it’s not refreshing very long time… And BTW there is always competition between media stocks also in amount of media files they have to offer… ;)

+100 good idea

327 posts UnitedMotions
  • Located in Turkey
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
Balistique says

In authors tutorial there is title that says: Annual Review of Files

Every year items on the Envato Marketplaces are reviewed to ensure the library remains up to date with current software and trends. If your item does not pass review, you will receive email notification and your item will become inactive after 30 days.

If you check this link you’ll notice there are files from 2006 with 2 or even 0 sales. http://videohive.net/category/motion-graphics?order=asc&sort_by=published_at

I recently deleted some of my Backgrounds with 6, 8 and 11 sales thinking it’s not worth to occupy Envato servers with those files.

+1

2355 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Couldn’t agree more. I recently deleted 2 of my files, one with 4 sales and one file with 2 sales (and I really loved this one :D ) because it looks kinda ugly in my portfolio.

I gave them for free and sometimes that’s good marketing… I don’t know if that’s a reason, but just after that I had my first extended licence sale yupppy

by
by
by
by
by
by