1093 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
lifwanian says

I’m surprised this hasn’t been posted yet… So this morning, GoDaddy (ALL OF IT ) went down. That includes their site AND everyone hosting with them. If you check out their twitter, its all about how they have their whole team doing everything they can to get everyone back online.

Then, moments after getting back online, Anonymous comes out and claims responsibility, reason being that GoDaddy supposedly supports the SOPA and PIPA .

Best part of it all is that I had someone important looking at my portfolio at 10am and all they saw was an error page! :)

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-57509744-501465/godaddy-goes-down-anonymous-claims-responsibility/
4323 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Anonymous Collective didn’t claimed responsibility, this guy is the only responsible. I must say it was an epic attack.

I was reviewing TF items and almost 30% of the sites were down, I thought it was my router. :P

3017 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Won a competition
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

edit: ^^ what he said

Just one guy it looks like https://twitter.com/AnonymousOwn3r/status/245224442375057408

seems like the godaddy whois servers were borked.

3694 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

Wow, that’s quite the attack.. :o GoDaddy isn’t a particularly small fish to fry.

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Best part of it all is that I had someone important looking at my portfolio at 10am and all they saw was an error page! :)

Probably those Anonymous where trying to find your website host as retaliate to your annoy Avatar, once they couldn’t find it they just took everyone down. So thanks a lot man ..some friend we have here :P
1522 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

Probably those Anonymous where trying to find your website host as retaliate to your annoy Avatar, once they couldn’t find it they just took everyone down. So thanks a lot man ..some friend we have here :P

:D

1093 posts
+5 more
lifwanian says

^ Haha, it’s ok… Only 55 million other sites went down…

1473 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

I am thankfull for this attack, because of this event, I grabbed 1 year of free hosting from HostGator :P They handed out coupon godaddyisdown that was supposed to give you 50%off, but they made a mistake and it gave me 100% off :D

159 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
s4nji says

I am thankfull for this attack, because of this event, I grabbed 1 year of free hosting from HostGator :P They handed out coupon godaddyisdown that was supposed to give you 50%off, but they made a mistake and it gave me 100% off :D
Still working until now? Gonna check! :D
1473 posts
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

Still working until now? Gonna check! :D
I am not sure, check it out.
by
by
by
by
by
by