500 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
GraficAndMedia says

How often do you all upgrade? I was thinking of paying by finance, so i’d be paying an amount every month for 2 years and then sell it and upgrade would that be a good idea? Thanks everyone for all your insights!

Well, I would never do that. Either you have the money to buy it, or you dont have the money for it.

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

The 13” Macbook Pro Retina is looking to most promising so far at £1,249 I can increase to 2.9GHz i7 from 2.5GHz i5 at £1,408.99 but would it be worth it? Currently I’m running at 1.5GHz and it seems fine so 2.5 shouldn’t be too bad at all
The new Retina 13 have 2.6 GHz

For an extra £200 I can get the 2.6GHz with 256GB flash instead of 128gb is there any other advantages?

1034 posts
+2 more
BenSheppard says

How often do you all upgrade? I was thinking of paying by finance, so i’d be paying an amount every month for 2 years and then sell it and upgrade would that be a good idea? Thanks everyone for all your insights!
Well, I would never do that. Either you have the money to buy it, or you dont have the money for it.

I was just thinking to space it out between months so you’d be paying it off month by month whist earning from it, instead of one big lump sum

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

If you do it on installments , write it off against your business. Meaning any interest payments can be recovered from your taxable income as an offset expenditure ;)

386 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
krafti says

I was just thinking to space it out between months so you’d be paying it off month by month whist earning from it, instead of one big lump sum

I would never do that too! don’t worry you wont regret buying an macbook :)

767 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
outandouter says

Oh, and as you mentioned in one of your previous posts; if you’re getting a non-Retina one, the max RAM limit is not 8GB (though, its marketed so, even on their website; don’t know the reason), its actually 16GB. I have a 2011 Macbook Pro and I’m happily running 16GB RAM (Crucial – 2×8GB) for almost a year now.

I would definitely go for a Retina one. Hands down. 13 inch or 15 inch; that totally depends on your requirements and budget. You can’t go wrong with either one.

Oh, and I have also been using the Magic Mouse for quite some time. I know that its not very ergonomic and fitting to the hand. But, I think its just subjective. It fits well in my hand (haven’t got any wrist pains so far). You can try it for a few days. If it fits well, no other mouse will come close to the seamless gesture pleasure you get on this bad boy.

1034 posts
+2 more
BenSheppard says

Oh, and as you mentioned in one of your previous posts; if you’re getting a non-Retina one, the max RAM limit is not 8GB (though, its marketed so, even on their website; don’t know the reason), its actually 16GB. I have a 2011 Macbook Pro and I’m happily running 16GB RAM (Crucial – 2×8GB) for almost a year now.

I would definitely go for a Retina one. Hands down. 13 inch or 15 inch; that totally depends on your requirements and budget. You can’t go wrong with either one.

Oh, and I have also been using the Magic Mouse for quite some time. I know that its not very ergonomic and fitting to the hand. But, I think its just subjective. It fits well in my hand (haven’t got any wrist pains so far). You can try it for a few days. If it fits well, no other mouse will come close to the seamless gesture pleasure you get on this bad boy.
http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_pro Yeah it says only 8GB is it actually 16?

I’m leaning towards 13” Retina macbook, I’ll have to have a little play around with them first I think.

I’m guessing because the track pad does the same as the magic mouse there would be no need for it!

3012 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
+2 more
TNL3542 says

my next computer is gonna be either a mac laptop or desktop not sure on which way i wanna go..

1034 posts
+2 more
BenSheppard says

my next computer is gonna be either a mac laptop or desktop not sure on which way i wanna go..

Any reason you’ve gone for mac?

3012 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
+2 more
TNL3542 says

its just time for a change.. ive been a windows user for a very long time.. i havent messed with a apple computer since my high school years 1989-1993

by
by
by
by
by
by