3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
themesbyarrows says

My theme was rejected (link)

I was wondering how I can go about getting another reviewer to check it out. I honest feel that the design is good. It’s clean and minimal. Not much graphics but it’s not suppose to be. The rejection email was extremely vague and didn’t provide any help information.

I would appreciate your thoughts on the design as well. Thanks.

3231 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

have you replied to the rejection email to get a more clarification from the reviewer? and you can request a different reviewer by contacting support

I do think the theme has some room for improvement

Add a logo itll go along way
there took much white space
there some inconstant padding/margin

and I personally dont like that background but thats just my opinion

29 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
mediasocket says

The header and slider are perfect. They are up to standard but…

Your header moves over content which may seem clever but looks like it shouldnt be there when scrolling down over other content. Furthermore when you are viewing lightbox images the header cuts off the cross button.

Your footer is not up to standard. It hasn’t got enough content, there is nothing seperating it from the main page content and the design is too simple making it look incomplete.

Your pages top image is not inline with the content below.

Im being harsh :) but considering these will probably improve your chances.

3 posts
themesbyarrows says

@OrganicBeeMedia Thank you for your input. I will add a logo to the theme, that’s a great tip. Overall I feel the design doesn’t carry out too much white space but will consider removing some of it. Padding/Margin will be more consistent. Thanks!

@mediasocket Wasn’t aware of the cross button cutting off. We will need to fix that. We will also get that footer up to par. Thanks for your input!

308 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
brainbuzzmedia says

Quite frankly, your alignment is nearly non-existant and it really lacks a strong visual hierarchy.

397 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Monkify says

I definitely like the design, as I feel it’s very unique for something on ThemeForest. Definitely much needed. :) I love the use of white space, but it could definitely be better. Try using a grid, such as 960gs. The white space is nice, but you need some more space between different elements. The content should especially have more padding between the edges.

I would say the contact area should go right above the footer, and then you should put a dotted line between What We Do and Products. Also, if you’re going to do something unique like putting ‘What We Do’ text on the left instead of above, you should try to setup the design so that the rest of the content accommodates that style of headline (ie. Products and the footer).

One other criticism would be to space the navigation items (although, as mentioned, add some spacing to everything), as well as increase the font size. I would say the same font size as the text ‘Wireframe’, ‘Design’, and ‘Code’.

Hope my tips helped, will be looking forward to see your theme accepted. I’m sure it will!

367 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says

The background MUST go, it is quite horrible in my opinion.

There is a clear inconsistency between elements. It is obvious you used a grid but the white spaces seem well inconsistent.

There isn’t a nice balance in color or a nice balance of elements in the layout. It’s the same thing going on all the way to the footer and it makes my eyes tired. Add some breaks in the layout vertically using either color or scale. Also break up the grid more so each segment is not divided by 4.

I also find the site to lack contrast. The biggest contrast is the background and it makes me wanna stab my eyes rather than add a tone or feeling. A nice classy wood texture would work as always. I know you tried to be different by adding a less used type of background but the reason is wa never used is because it doesn’t work. When you see design elements repeated over and over it is often because those are proven concepts.

1012 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
wizylabs says

HI,

I’m loving its minimal design but there are few issues I would like to point out.

1. One the home page, different section should have a fairly large space margin between them so the navigation and logo doesn’t overlap on the main content ie slider has to go abit down as the nav and logo are overlapping on about quarter of it.

2. Nav and logo shouldn’t have a margin above them as its scrolling down with the page so it looks misplaced.

3. In my opinion the navigation and logo should stay still on normal pages.

4. The backgorund need change. These kind on minimal design usually have a repeated pattern background, try diagonal lines, some flat textures. Try to avoid real colour photos ie. wood :D.

Good luck with your next submition.

Also its highly recommended to email the reviewer back and ask him for more clarification :)

3 posts
themesbyarrows says

You guys have been very helpful! I appreciate all the feedback you have provide. I will be making additional changes to the theme and re-submit soon.

From the feedback it seems like the design needs tweaking, it should have gotten a “soft” rejection. I may need to get more information from the reviewer.

Please continue to provide as much feedback as possible.

Thanks again!

by
by
by
by
by
by