1823 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

So 10 minutes ago I had 2 consecutive sales on my HTML templates(HTML templates are cheap so I assume they can buy and rate it without any problem). http://prntscr.com/1ez6kv

Within 2 minutes, BOTH those templates have received ONE star ratings. http://prntscr.com/1ez6q8 http://prntscr.com/1ez6r7

I watched carefully, those ratings were given within 1 minutes, I want to know the username of the one that bought them and gave me those ratings. You should prevent these kind of things, it’s not hard to track those sales as I have the exact date of when they were bought.

49 posts creative.performance
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
mediacreed says

Hi FinalDestiny,

I don’t think they will give you the name in a public forum. :) Anyway you should ask the support for names and such.

Although this is a common problem we all face, my suggestion is don’t take it seriously. :)

Cheers,
Mediacreed

508 posts Code is Poetry
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
egemenerd says

Yes this is a common problem we all face and maybe we shouldn’t take it seriously but this is really frustrating. Especially for a new item, it isn’t good a couple of 1 star…

So, I agree with finaldestiny, Themeforest should prevent us from these kind of things. Buyers should explain the reason of 1-2 star ratings on a rating comment field. I think this is the best solution…

5760 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

We have new site rules coming in that will be the first step in addressing this. From there we’ll be tweaking and adding to the rating system so we can prevent “bad” rating behavior.

256 posts themesdepot.org
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has referred 10+ members
+6 more
ThemesDepot says

We have new site rules coming in that will be the first step in addressing this. From there we’ll be tweaking and adding to the rating system so we can prevent “bad” rating behavior.

Do you have an estimated date of when they are coming ?

815 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

Although this is a common problem we all face, my suggestion is don’t take it seriously. :)

I don’t think so: I have a codecanyon typography plugin whose sales dropped when rating went to 4 stars. And it went to 4 stars because of 1 star ratings, which happened without comment, without contact, nothing.

I really don’t believe those are regular buyers, since demo is 100% demo of what you’re buying. Except demo, I added admin screenshots – so everything is transparent. Why on earth would someone buy this thing and rate it 1 star if everything you buy is presented in demo fully?

441 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+7 more
Jaynesh says

Can you provide more information on how this problem will be solved? I’m curious..

3467 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

Can you provide more information on how this problem will be solved? I’m curious..

I suspect they’d do something like check that ratings aren’t given too soon after a file download, and that a customer account isn’t just rating everything 1 star, etc. However, I wouldn’t expect Envato to publish specifics on what type of countermeasures they’ll be taking, as it’d make the system easy to beat.

7769 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

be Sherlock Holmes and look for authors that have the same type of file as the one that (supposedly) got attacked.

Should be an item that if placed near yours can represent a similar choice for the buyer, where ratings can be used to decide. Also, ratings are important in search so one reason to kill your item is to bury it in search results. Your enemy should have an item there :) probably using similar search tags.

This only as exercise don’t start a war :D

(this method doesn’t work if we are facing a dangerous type of serial rating killer who just picks random items to play with author minds – expensive hobby but the world is big, all is possible :D:D )

1823 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

We should really see who rates our items, it should be all public like on most of online shops, nobody asks you to leave a rating, if you leave it, why shouldn’t it show up somewhere?

by
by
by
by
by
by