hey everybody how long does it take your anti virus software to do a complete scan of your computer.. to check for viruses?
Really just depends on 1) the number of files and 2) the size of each of those files.
For me, it takes about an hour total for Bitdefender AV 2014 to scan two separate copies of Windows 8, as well as my backup external hard drive.
im useing avast at 73 percent complete. a little over 2hrs. and still going
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Envato Staff
- Community Ambassador
- Won a Competition
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
I use BitDefender and leave it on auto so I don’t know how much it takes because I never do such scans myself.
at least your not using Nortons, that crap should be banned
I’m using AVG and it takes almost an hour to complete the whole computer scan. I would say that my storage device is at 60-65%.