• Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Kreatific says

Hey Guys,

Hope everyones doing great!

Looking into learning ActionScript 3. Have a fair bit of experience creating basic timeline animated banners in Flash and I would like to expand on that, maybe even try creating a couple applications.

My plan so far is to buy a few Lynda ActionScript 3 CBTs and just hammering away at it for a few days to get the basics down before I do that, I thought I’d pop over to this forum and see whether any of you guys/gals have any advice for a AS3 noob?

I have a fair bit of experience coding PHP OO , JS, etc. Hopefully that will help me out a little. :)

Anyways, any advice is much appreciated. Cheers! - PixelPopper

1173 posts
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Motionreactor says

If you have experience with those other languages then really you should know enough to be fairly comfortable with ActionScript. AS is based on the same standard as JavaScript so you should feel at home with the syntax. What you need to learn next is the API and the framework as a whole. Definitely read the Adobe help files for an introduction to ActionScript. It is highly useful to read it even if you don’t absorb all of it the first time. Then head over to ActiveTuts and take a look at some tutorials for a start on some small projects.

by
by
by
by
by
by