• Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
PersianArt says

hi,
I send my theme few days ago and received this:

Your uploaded item Unique – Magic / Power / Beauty needs improvement
Unfortunately your submission Unique – Magic / Power / Beauty isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest. Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:
There are two major issues that you must improve before approval.

1) The layout and design are both generic. As you may notice, we already have many similar templates available on ThemeForest. However, the submitted template failed to stand out. We are not rejecting all templates with similar layout, but the aesthetic quality must be top notch.

2) The overall design is sub par and not ready for ThemeForest. Including: - The shadow underneath menu is poorly executed and you may need to reconsider it, either it adds any value to the design or visual flow.
- The logo is plain.
- The slider’s caption failed to draw attention and it is not appealing.
- The large, 3 boxes in the front page looks odd here and the typeface required improvements, it looks flat.
- The welcome and what you get sections are too crowded, plain and basic.
- The footer is generic and the rectangles there are too much and look repetitive.
- The visual flow of the template required improvements, you will need to improve the visual hierarchy and consistency in terms of design/styling and spacing.
- the slider ( slogan ) in inner pages is a nice touch and it looks great.
- all the inner pages look very generic and more like a framework rather than a theme.

above are just part of the obvious issues that you need to improve, there are actually more. But if you manage to improve all above, then we will continue from there.

We understand your frustration and really appreciate your efforts.

this is my previously theme http://d.pr/i/Q2Gy

and I tried to do these hints and improve my theme, then I send it and received this:

Your uploaded item Unique – Magic / Power / Beauty needs improvement
Unfortunately your submission Unique – Magic / Power / Beauty isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest.

Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:

This is a resubmission of a previously rejected submission. Resubmitting without making the required changes or any improvements is not considered acceptable use of the Envato marketplaces and repeated attempts may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of authorship.

If this item was previously soft-rejected, please resubmit your updated files by updating the item directly. If this item was previously hard-rejected, it must be changed as required in the initial review or significantly improved such that it qualifies as a new item.

first things I want know that is I am in soft-rejection or not?
if am in soft rejection when I want send my updated item I must do special works or message?
this message means that I have wrong in my improvement?

also if you have any suggestion for improve I will be thanks for it.
this is my theme http://themes.persitheme.com/unique/

sincerely thanks

3197 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
+11 more
ThomGeskin says
Moved to Item Discussion
16 posts
zeedesign says

Hello top menu needed alot of improvements. and add some background instead of plain color and change that selector icon. thanks

255 posts
PersianArt says

@zeedesign

thanks for your reply and suggestion

2276 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
manuelvega says

You directly get a soft-rejected ? You sent a special message , opened a ticket or just a common review? just curious ..

255 posts
PersianArt says

You directly get a soft-rejected ? You sent a special message , opened a ticket or just a common review? just curious ..

it was common review, and now I find in my dashboard in hidden section I have my item, that in front of my theme names is “[Soft Rejected]”, it seems it is in soft rejection and I try to send again from here.
but he said “You are making surface changes and it still lack of uniqueness.”
really?

255 posts
PersianArt says

no any other suggestion?

by
by
by