41 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
websiteking says

Hi everyone, I cant believe no-one seems to have asked this before but how about throwing around some ideas for template themes? I know everything is pretty much ‘default’ but do we have to stick to Web Portfolio, Photographer Portfolio, Business, Hosts ? ?

I’m willing to make a couple PSD ’s but no coded templates (TF refused my first design and I dont have that much time to waste).

Here’s a few ideas for templates … have you got any ideas?... Martial arts club, Pimp my ride style garage, Singer, Holiday Lets, Author’s website (I’d be interested in that one!), Zen …errr…..

2529 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

It really all comes down to what sells. Though it might be fun to make a niche’ website, it may not perform as well.

I think a well done video site would do well!

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

You know this seems like a great way of getting “customers” to let us know and be heard – no point in just coming here everyday hoping to find what they need – if enough people ask then they could, in retrospect get several different designs by several different authors – not that this market place is any kind of competition etc – but it would give purchasers what they want, and possibly several options.

Plus we can see what people browsing are looking for – give us more of a target as we don’t get to see the analytics of the search results on the site, category hits and even hits to template pages which would be FANTASTIC – and something I may be worth paying for / reducing commission for Jeffrey…. you give us access to some basic stats and we can therefore produce more targeted pieces of work, which would result in happier customers and authors.

Great thinking websiteking :)

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

when you say video site Jeffrey – you mean a youtube kind of experience or more like a catalog type deal?

Interesting…

2952 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

I talked about the stats last day and I think that would be an awesome feature for us. Click stats on theme should be unique only because we always look if there is some new comments on our theme.

Also sales stats would be good to see how much theme sell with month ..

Thanks

41 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
websiteking says

Thanks for your replies everyone; interesting to see the sellers on here talking about getting some stats for views etc, surely it wouldn’t be that hard for TF to add some kind of stats into the theme’s page?

Thanks for the heads-up on the designs too, to be honest I find it difficult making ‘default’ themes – y’know, something without a real flavour. I guess I could just go ahead and make a martial arts template but are TF just going to turn it down? We are all busy people and I for one don’t have time to waste.

That said, I have a PSD and a basic CSS template – anyone know of any good websites where I can give them away as linkware?

by
by
by
by
by
by