76 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
UnknownDepths says

Hey all,

I’ve been working on a new flyer design, but I’m not sure if it works visually 100%. I have some thoughts about 3 things that may need to change or be altered in this design, but I’ll shut my mouth and take any input you give me without influencing your opinions. Let me know what you think…

- Nun Kwon

16 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
blacc360 says

I would have to say that the title font is a little hard to read, and maybe try screen or overlay blending mode on the girl, as the primary colours seem to be red and white, and black as an accent. The white on the left hand side is overpowering the girl so if she was on screen, vivid light or overlay she would standout a little more. My eye is straight away drawn to the white side of the flyer and then i notice the girl after, which makes the flyer seem unbalanced and left side heavy, nothing wrong with the design in my eyes, but just some little tweaks would help improve it…

3793 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

I like the graphic stuff in the red section on the right a lot more than the white typography section. I think more could be made of that, and the typography could be less complex, and take up less of the space on the flyer. And the big title is really hard to read. Just my thoughts. :)

76 posts
+2 more
UnknownDepths says

I would have to say that the title font is a little hard to read, and maybe try screen or overlay blending mode on the girl, as the primary colours seem to be red and white, and black as an accent. The white on the left hand side is overpowering the girl so if she was on screen, vivid light or overlay she would standout a little more. My eye is straight away drawn to the white side of the flyer and then i notice the girl after, which makes the flyer seem unbalanced and left side heavy, nothing wrong with the design in my eyes, but just some little tweaks would help improve it…

blacc360,

Thanks for the critique. The title font being difficult to read is one of the things put on my list. The feminine illustration being overwhelmed by the text area is an interesting observation. I’ll give the blending modes a go to see how they make the illustration “pop.” That comment about balancing the two sides of the design is not something I was expecting. Thanks for pointing that out. Very much appreciated.

- Nun Kwon

76 posts
+2 more
UnknownDepths says

I like the graphic stuff in the red section on the right a lot more than the white typography section. I think more could be made of that, and the typography could be less complex, and take up less of the space on the flyer. And the big title is really hard to read. Just my thoughts. :)

ToivoMedia,

So the typography is a little too complex? Do you feel there is too much type? Perhaps it should be sorted in a different way? I’m getting the impression it’s too stylized for your tastes. I’m curious of whether or not you feel the style of the text makes it difficult to read. Thanks for your feedback!

- Nun Kwon

3793 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

I’m not crazy about the font you’ve used for the larger text, at the same time I don’t think it’s terrible. The section with the times and stuff, for me it doesn’t look very appealing. I don’t have anything against stylized designs if they look great. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by