• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
ValvePress says

Yeah I know we are all tired of the “flat” stuff, however I think it looks fresh and I like it. The mobile experience is pretty good too.

I think flat is not the point . I love flat stuff but I expected a better design there is lot’s of flat designs that is awesome and eye relaxing .

39 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
ValvePress says

Well there’s no pleasing everyone, I guess. LOL. With any change of this magnitude those who despise change or adapt more slowly than others, it’ll either grow on you or not. I was being running the MP6 plugin before WP 3.7’s release and the WP 3.8 betas / RCs. For developers, there wass plenty of time to adjust. However, there are still certainly going to be developers (and non-developers / end-users especially) that didn’t spend any time with 3.8 yet and won’t initially like the changes.

When Win 8 came out, the Win 7 holdouts asked MS to give them an option run in classic mode at boot up, etc. Win 8.1 came out and gave this and many other options requested related options. Unsurprisingly many of the same people (in my personal experience) had already moved on and don’t use these requested options now. MS probably threw these users a bone anyway mostly because Windows is a commercial product unlike WP even if the time spent implemented these “safety blanket” features ended being a waste of time (to whatever degree).

Unlike the Windows 7 to 8 appearance change though you’re not necessarily stuck with it. At least you can still use an alternative admin theme. Don’t like the look? Just change it. Are you capable of making your themes? Just re-make it in your own image! Show the world you can do a better, more professional job. Give it a away for free, sell it or even submit to the WP open source project itself for potential inclusion into the WP core in an upcoming version (you never know). The options here are many and we don’t always have any!

The contrast the new WP admin is so much better than before though IMO and the sheer amount of talented people involved in the WP 3.8 project as a whole is amazing to me. I think they did a great job! :-)

I think the point is not resisting the change . life is always changing and we love change but if it is to the better

the new dashboard is more faster than before but it is not eye relaxing and we expect much more from wordpress .

39 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
ValvePress says

I like a lot that it’s faster. Creating, editing posts and pages seems to work faster. There are a couple of color schemes to switch to, if you don’t like the dark theme. I also switched to the light color theme, I like it more.

sure I loved that it is more faster also and already switched to that light theme .

1466 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

New dashboard is great if you ask me, I’ve been using it for quite some time as it was available in form of the plugin (mp6) and I am very happy to see it live now.

614 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
Typps says

It was a good first impression for me, love it. I agree with the wise owl, can’t please everybody since design preferences are subjective.

Well done WP, the facelift was much need IMO. Also a congrats to OriginalEXE for contributing in this release ( read something about it in another post on here :D )

1466 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

Also a congrats to OriginalEXE for contributing in this release ( read something about it in another post on here :D )

1402 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United States
WebSmacker says

I like it. It won’t please everyone but at least you can make your own or buy a theme to replace it.

323 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
familychoice says

I agree with the wise owl, can’t please everybody since design preferences are subjective.

They’re only subjective if the changes are purely cosmetic and don’t affect usability.

I’ve got two identically set up sites open at the moment, and one has been updated to the new admin design. With the new version, I have to scroll to see the lower items in the left-hand menu column. In the old version they fit nicely on my screen.

Similarly page content takes up more space – the plugin list for example. Each item in the list is now a third bigger, which means there’s a third of my items not visible than previously…again more scrolling.

I don’t like the new design from a layout perspective, but that’s not a subjective response, it’s based on usability issues for me – more scrolling = more time spent doing the same thing.

My subjective response to the design from a purely cosmetic angle is that I actually like the visual style, the menus are bolder so easier to see, I’d just like it all to take up less space and fit like the previous version.

403 posts Keep Walking
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
UXbarn says

I like the overall changes except the default dark scheme. Personally I would prefer lighter tone but the built-in light scheme also looks “unfinished” to me somehow, especially when viewing with the pages or posts list in the backend. It is way too plain and flat.

Anyway, this is yet another impressive update. :)

199 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
GregMusic says

Just updated my site. I would say the only thing I don’t like so far is that I now have to scroll down to see the full left hand navigation bar and some of my default displays on the dashboard, which previously all fit on the screen. I just hope the Mp3 player got improved as well with this update. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by