114 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
cippo says

I love it.

It’s also great that you can choose from several color schemes. I might be wrong but I think you can create your own (I didn’t study the docs).

BTW, I’m using the coffee version.

Cheers! Ciprian

382 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
WPWiseOwl says

It’s hideous. The new theme is an eyesore.

Admin theme or Twenty Fourteen? If you’re referring to the new admin theme, then I expect you’ll be gracing us with your free (or paid) masterpiece admin theme replacement eventually?

52 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
ValvePress says

It’s hideous. The new theme is an eyesore.
Admin theme or Twenty Fourteen? If you’re referring to the new admin theme, then I expect you’ll be gracing us with your free (or paid) masterpiece admin theme replacement eventually?

You are one of who are fully satisfied from the new wordpress dashboard why are you asking or waiting for an admin theme ;) ?

323 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
familychoice says

I just had to use the new widgets page.

Hideous.

301 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
sniperatic says

I just had to use the new widgets page. Hideous.

Aha, I was coming here to post ‘It looks quite nice, not sure what the hate is about’. Then read your comment and oh my. The widgets page is awful :D

323 posts
familychoice says

I just had to use the new widgets page. Hideous.
Aha, I was coming here to post ‘It looks quite nice, not sure what the hate is about’. Then read your comment and oh my. The widgets page is awful :D

It’s almost as if Wordpress have looked at the current ‘flat’ design trend and taken it too far. Flat design is like any kind of minimalist design, to get it to work well you have to know what you’re doing, you can’t just have less stuff and remove lots of styling, as it’ll look bare and unfinished. Which is exactly how the widgets section looks.

It looks a bit like the themes we build on a vanilla framework before we’ve started styling them.

To be honest I’m getting really sick of seeing the flat design trend everywhere. My Adsense admin panel now also looks like the Wordpress admin, and my Yahoo mail account etc. etc. It’s just plain lazy and the so-called designers knocking this out need a kick up the butt.

3560 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

@WPWiseOwl i’m still running Win7 :D

668 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+1 more
Typps says

To be honest I’m getting really sick of seeing the flat design trend everywhere. My Adsense admin panel now also looks like the Wordpress admin, and my Yahoo mail account etc. etc. It’s just plain lazy and the so-called designers knocking this out need a kick up the butt.

Don’t mean to come off as negative but from your post, you appear ill-adapted to survive in the present day. I mean this in the most business sense.

You have listed every service you use to have minimalist flat design you hate, which is fine as a personal preference. But as soon as you wear your business hat(you are a business after all), try and learn from it instead of fighting it which will prove futile. You simply need to check your ego at the door.

Without getting into the merits of flat design, consider that design in general evolves, and much of it includes preference, vogue, fad, trend and up-to-the-minute fashion. Pretty much factors out of your control. Adapt or you will likely suffer the same fate of dinosaurs, which is necessarily not a bad thing considering if they didn’t go extinct, man wouldn’t have survived :P

1716 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

I like it, even though it brought some additional work making everything look right.

323 posts
familychoice says

Don’t mean to come off as negative but from your post, you appear ill-adapted to survive in the present day. I mean this in the most business sense.

Could you enlighten me as to why you think this is the case? Seriously, I’m interested to hear this.

You have listed every service you use to have minimalist flat design you hate, which is fine as a personal preference. But as soon as you wear your business hat(you are a business after all), try and learn from it instead of fighting it which will prove futile. You simply need to check your ego at the door.

As I said, it’s nothing to do with personal aesthetic preferences. I actually quite like it. What I don’t like is when it’s implemented badly and affects usability, and I don’t like seeing it everywhere.

Without getting into the merits of flat design, consider that design in general evolves, and much of it includes preference, vogue, fad, trend and up-to-the-minute fashion. Pretty much factors out of your control. Adapt or you will likely suffer the same fate of dinosaurs, which is necessarily not a bad thing considering if they didn’t go extinct, man wouldn’t have survived :P

Thanks for the design lesson. Just for a bit of background I’ve been working as a designer for 30 years and wouldn’t still be running a successful business if I didn’t know how to survive and adapt. And I’ve been building and designing websites for 20 of those years, some of those for big corporates and companies that have actually started new trends, rather than follow them. I won’t go on about awards and the increased turnover in companies I’ve re-branded as that’ll start to slip into the realm of ‘ego’. Suffice to say I won’t be going extinct anytime soon.

My personal experience is that companies that follow trends are the ones that go extinct, not the ones that start them.

The ranty bit of my post is an expression of concern about the increasing ‘sheep-like’ mentality of a lot of contemporary design. There seems to be less creativity, excitement and invention in UI design and style, at least on this marketplace, than at any other time. Everything’s starting to look the same, which is a bad thing.

Evolution vs revolution I guess, but my heart sinks when yet another web service I use wheels in the inevitable flat UI design making it indestinguishable from everyone else.

by
by
by
by
by
by