• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+5 more
Parallelus says

I’ve been letting the admin soak in for a bit now and while my first impression was good, over time I’ve started to dislike the new design. By contrast I’m happy with the functionality improvements. I think they did a fantastic job of improving the speed and the adminbar on the public side is a lot better. It’s just the admin design seems like for every change I do like, there are just as many things I don’t like. Overall I say it’s an improvement.

323 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
familychoice says

I’ve been letting the admin soak in for a bit now and while my first impression was good, over time I’ve started to dislike the new design. By contrast I’m happy with the functionality improvements. I think they did a fantastic job of improving the speed and the adminbar on the public side is a lot better. It’s just the admin design seems like for every change I do like, there are just as many things I don’t like. Overall I say it’s an improvement.

I dislike it more over time, as it’s making updating my sites slower. For example I have syndicated news feed lists, and due to the expanded padding it takes longer to scroll through, but it’s also harder to scan the content. Probably takes me four times longer to sort through and make the changes I need to now, and as I have to do this for 30 sites every morning, this takes up a lot of extra time each day.

I tend to zoom out of the page using the browser, but this makes the text too small to read. Guess I’ll be looking for an alternative admin theme if one exists.

907 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
+1 more
greenline says

First it was awkward but now I totally love it!

After a couple of days of testing on various website setups, I saw that everything loads faster and this is what I appreciate most.

The bad thing is the security, I have on all websites a lot of security plugins installed and I noticed an increase in security alerts and login attempts since with WordPress 3.8.

So please be careful and install security plugins!

92 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
e8j1osla says

They should have added borders between the menus and im ok with everything.

114 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
nagaemas says

I like it! Integrating it is easier, and the admin is now far more responsive. The included dashicons is also very helpful, now we can cut some bytes from our admin code for several features.

Also, is it just me, or WPML now works faster with 3.8?

372 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
WPWiseOwl says

It’s only a black menu on the left! Terrible!

LOL! :-) So just change it with this free plugin (or add your own style)...

Admin Color Schemes – http://wordpress.org/plugins/admin-color-schemes/

1 post
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
nursejanice says

It looks to me that the flat design makes everything on the page run together. Less separation between elements makes the UI feel chaotic.

by
by
by
by
by
by