738 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in United States
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Jar says

Right now users are free to create “joint accounts” when collaborating on a theme together. This poses some risks to all those involved – one could change the password, take all of the money, write bad things in the forum and get banned, etc…

Having an official partnership feature could eliminate all of that risk, and surely be a boon for authors everywhere. Has the idea been tossed around, or even better – worked on at all?

I have no problem designing and creating an HTML/CSS website, but when it comes to WP and WP’s entire ecosystem of integral plugins and this and that, I feel like I’d be in over my head, but I want to be able to trust that my work will be in good hands without worrying about somebody stealing my thunder, should I choose to publish here with a partner.

21 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
WaveThemes says

I think I’ve seen this mentioned before. And I fully support this idea.

+1

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in United States
clickogy says

I was hoping that something like this was already out there

+1

324 posts PremiumLayers.com
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
PremiumLayers says

That would be a perfect feature for envato authors. btw, i found this comment on forum 1 year ago :

purethemes SAYS:

That was already suggested many times but from what I know it can’t be done for some legal reasons.

164 posts ThemeVan
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
ThemeVan says

Good, but it’s difficult to achieve I think.

8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
GfxPartner says

I really like this idea and I totally support it.

My designs are in PSD category and I’ve to give away my designs in order to get them launched in any coded versions and they eventually leave my profile and publish from another author’s profile because of issues like providing support and future updates for the design.

One solution to this problem could be introducing a functionality of adding sub ordinate accounts to a profile or giving limited access to the authors I’m collaborating with.

Hence they’ll be able to manage the designs, comment on them (Because I’m a designer and I can’t comment on issues which are related to code), make updates and provide support but still designs will be in my profile.

Also there should be functionality where authors could send payments with in themeforest to each other.

Many of the authors don’t use paypal or not have that option in their countries and they can’t receive their shares easily. But if there’s an option to transfer money with in accounts one could easily withdraw the shares they receive using their respective withdrawal methods.

I’m saying all this because I’m the one producing designs and the author who’s coding it will become Elite author before I do which sounds little unfair.

112 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Located in Europe
Vlajki says

I really like this idea and I totally support it.

My designs are in PSD category and I’ve to give away my designs in order to get them launched in any coded versions and they eventually leave my profile and publish from another author’s profile because of issues like providing support and future updates for the design.

One solution to this problem could be introducing a functionality of adding sub ordinate accounts to a profile or giving limited access to the authors I’m collaborating with.

Hence they’ll be able to manage the designs, comment on them (Because I’m a designer and I can’t comment on issues which are related to code), make updates and provide support but still designs will be in my profile.

Also there should be functionality where authors could send payments with in themeforest to each other.

Many of the authors don’t use paypal or not have that option in their countries and they can’t receive their shares easily. But if there’s an option to transfer money with in accounts one could easily withdraw the shares they receive using their respective withdrawal methods.

I’m saying all this because I’m the one producing designs and the author who’s coding it will become Elite author before I do which sounds little unfair.

+1

3855 posts
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

While it would all be good and @GfxPartner – i see your points it would be a massive update for envato and I am pretty sure there are legal reasons why some of the ideas would not be possible.

8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
GfxPartner says

While it would all be good and @GfxPartner – i see your points it would be a massive update for envato and I am pretty sure there are legal reasons why some of the ideas would not be possible.

As far as massive is concerned that shouldn’t be a problem because I don’t see envato being less than massive in terms of resources or capital.

For the legal part many websites provide payment or money transfer with in different accounts, freelancer.com is one of them.

As far as sub ordinate accounts are concerned I’m not sure if there are any legal issues associated because its only about giving a person some rights over my profile which would be limited and he’ll be working as a partner hence will receive the agreed share.

3855 posts
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

From a legal perspective i believe it is more that each case is unique i.e. each partnership, each file and so on will potentially have different agreements surrounding it and should envato support a system that manages these projects and something go wrong (we read enough about it happening already on here) e.g. someone dropping out, breaching a copyright, agreements not being met and so on then as a mediating platform (even if it was explained not to be the case in T&Cs) there is scope for envato to be dragged into any dispute.

This is a hassle envato do not need especially when there are so many variables and only so much they can control.

Beyond that Freelancer for example is a dedicated site to that purpose and does not have to simultaneously manage everything else envato does. I also think (and I could be worng) that there may be different legislation around being able to operate that type of service depending on different international laws.

All that said there may be potential for some form of dual ownership accounts or a more basic and easier to instigate solution.

by
by
by
by
by
by