286 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
AkinGn says

i’m sure i’m gonna have an item that worths converting into WP :) actually, if there’s a practical way, i might think of converting one or two items. i googled and find this (didn’t read it yet though) http://moshublog.com/2005/07/05/integrate/

any suggestions / sources?

688 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
_rg_ says

in that link you have everything to start with.

i use two incredible plugins for dreamweaver that makes things even much easier. One is ThemeDreamer that enables to see the themeĀ“s preview directly on the design view as normal html. The other is style rendering, allows you to virtualy embed css styles to the documents you are viewing/editing, only on the the preview not affecting the html at all, helps a lot when editing pieces of php or any file that has not a to embed the css used.

Use a favourites folder “WP” on your browser and leave there forever a link to the wp codex index pages, use firefox, use the web developer plugin, use google for everything like “wordpress last 5 entries by category” – > this is to search things related to build a loop displaying only the last 5 posts and filter them by certain category… you will find thousands of links to many many ways of doing, helping you on the learning process.

also if you are hurry on time, you could outsource the thing to someone with the capabilities, here you will find many of them, including me!! :)

good luck.

286 posts
+3 more
AkinGn says

thank you arriba for your detailed post :) outsourcing seems to me as a temporary solution but that’s a definitely alternative too and i’ll keep you in mind when i want to outsource any WPing :)

4338 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Digging into WordPress eBook ;)

286 posts
+3 more
AkinGn says

nice start:) luckily i know just a little bit of WP. which one are you reading, how to be a rockstar WP designer?

4338 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
nice start:) luckily i know just a little bit of WP. which one are you reading, how to be a rockstar WP designer?

This one is the best WordPress eBook so far – http://digwp.com/book/ you will enjoy it as a very nice adventure book – those guys know how to teach with a very nice sense of humor. Jeff Star and Chris Coyier are very well known in the WP community. My best WP adquisition SO FAR .!!! just 19$

286 posts
+3 more
AkinGn says

hmm thank you, definitely worths checking out :)

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
scarroll says

There is a new release of ThemeDreamer for WordPress (version 1.0) and a matching ThemeServer (also version 1.0). Using them together, not only can you get instant CSS feedback in Dw’s Design View, but you get true web browser preview. Just keep your theme files in a ‘wp-contents/themes/[your theme]’ as your parent folder names (if you don’t already) and ThemeDreamer automatically switches & activates your theme for previewing right from Dw’s toolbar.

Its a great way to work on multiple projects/themes at once and see how each handles the same content. A must have for ‘Pro’ theme developers. Cheers!

286 posts
+3 more
AkinGn says

thanks so much for the info man! cheers! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by