1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
VideoCombustion says

I’m adding a comment to this thread to provide another consumer’s point of view and perhaps help out the original poster.

I asked SevenSpark (this thread originator) about getting a developer or multi-use license to one of his plugins. He said Envato was “looking into it” but nothing has happened yet.

I strongly suggest that Envato and/or CodeCanyon do this. EVERY paid plugin I use (on over 30 websites) offers a multi-use or developer license. It is factually the business model for professional plugins. So why not here?

I see through this thread that it was being “looked at” but that was nearly a year ago. I now will need to look elsewhere for a solution. If I find one with a developer’s license, it’s a sure bet where I’ll be spending my money.

973 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

Yh, envato are not exactly the best when it comes to prioritising things, or maybe they are just not working on anything at all…

376 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
RightHere says

I find it really frustrating that we have to tell customers each week that Codecanyon doesn’t offer A developer license, which let the customer use the plugin on multiple websites. We get requests EVERY week for this.

We asked for this more than a year ago first time and if you read through this thread you will see both frustrated authors and customers enquiring about this. What is the reason why we can’t get an official statement on this?

Besides that we do love the Envato marketplace … Keep up the good work ;)

1677 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Tean says

I agree, its in the interest for buyers, authors and envato to make this happen.

2073 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+9 more
revaxarts says

It’s in the pipe… :evil:

973 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

It’s in the pipe… :evil:

yh, its called non exclusive haha

1312 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

the one-site license restriction is too much for here; agree developer’s licenses are way long overdue especially for plugins since that’s what EVERYONE else who sells WP plugins for example offers, in the known universe of other places I buy plugins.

It’s like $30 for single-site, or $90 for developers’ license, which allows unlimited sites type of model for other places. For that matter, I’d like to have some small-number of site usage license, like up to 5 of my own sites, at 2x the single-site license cost, for example.

Envato let’s hear something?

6086 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Just don’t like to add another complaint but here is the fact. As long as any feature / change fits entire set of marketplaces, possibly it will be in the real pipeline and we can see it live in reasonable time.

But when it comes to marketplace specific features (including license terms & options), I don’t think Envato has such preparations / resources at all; or may be too complex to fit such things in to their existing business model.

“AudioJungle needs playlist? CodeCanyon needs developer license? No, don’t invest time on that because we don’t need them on other marketplaces. We are Envato, not CC, TF or AJ etc..” But in the real world, the user/members arrive here with marketplace/industry specific needs.

Hope they will workout in the future and arrange themselves to focus individual sectors efficiently.

333 posts No! It's not a 5 minute job!
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+14 more
WebFactory says

I’d just like to see some progress on this matter. Any progress at all. Changes made to the licences a few months ago were OK but really minor. Wish things would move a long a bit faster.

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Carmen says

Hi guys, Just letting you know I’ve passed this thread on to the relevant staff members so we can look into the most recent feedback. As always, thank you. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by