1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
skstarkiller says

Any update? I am looking to purchase a developer license from sevenspark and am not able too. Would really make it more affordable for me to use your developers products if I didn’t have to manually purchase one license every time.

If you do move forward, perhaps those of us who have purchased several individual licenses could be given some credit toward a developer license.

Thanks for the consideration.

973 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

Any update? I am looking to purchase a developer license from sevenspark and am not able too. Would really make it more affordable for me to use your developers products if I didn’t have to manually purchase one license every time.

If you do move forward, perhaps those of us who have purchased several individual licenses could be given some credit toward a developer license.

Thanks for the consideration.

Unfortunately not, Its a shame because I’m sure it would be a good move for envato, especially for themes.

110 posts
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
AGSoft says

Bumping this for justice. Just had to turn down an extended sale because it wouldn’t allow multi-site use. :(

3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
corecubed says

It seems you guys have it backwards. You should take care of what the buyer wants first, no?

There is a clear demand for developer licensing, especially on things such as WordPress plugins. You said you even used to offer this option but then took it down. So why not just put it back up if it already exists?

As a consumer, I’ve monitored this situation and am really, really frustrated by it.

5311 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

If this never happens, the question becomes, what are the benefits of not offering multi-use licensing? The only one I can think of is:

5 sales at no discount > 5 sales with multi-use discount.

But this is a big assumption, and it’s also flawed logic. Because point of sale add-on revenue would far outweigh any losses accrued through multi-use discounts.

5765 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says
3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
corecubed says

Wonder what the latest news on this matter is?

366 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+4 more
RightHere says

Unfortunately it doesn’t seam like we will ever get a solution on this issue!

I have some interesting stats on one of our popular plugins, which a lot of customers use for their clients websites. As we are not allowed to do self promoting I won’t mention the name of the plugin, but it is a plugin that lets you customize the wp-admin in WordPress. This is something that is very useful when you create websites for clients.

The plugin has been sold 2,010 times, but we know for a fact that there is currently 13,096 copies of the plugin installed.

My question is could this have been avoided that for every copy of this plugin sold it is on average installed on 6.5 websites? Could the number have been lower if we were able to offer discount on multiple purchases or offer a developer license that would fairly priced?

2957 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

The plugin has been sold 2,010 times, but we know for a fact that there is currently 13,096 copies of the plugin installed.

are these for valid item-purchase-code verified installations? maybe there is a set of item purchase codes that make up the majority of these installations? could be someone sharing their item purchase code along with the package. we’ve found a few leaked codes when installation numbers spike and we disable new installations/updates for those particular codes.

5311 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

84% of unknown installations is a huge number. If I remember correctly the multiple license used to be 10 usages for 3x the price. Seems like it would have worked out great for a plugin like yours.

by
by
by
by
by
by