370 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
RightHere says

are these for valid item-purchase-code verified installations? maybe there is a set of item purchase codes that make up the majority of these installations? could be someone sharing their item purchase code along with the package. we’ve found a few leaked codes when installation numbers spike and we disable new installations/updates for those particular codes.

We sold 2,010 copies of this plugin, but as we have “update notification” in the plugin we know how many times it has been installed. We don’t restrict the usage of the plugin trough the license key. I believe that if you do this then someone will just “crack it” and distribute it without.

Better provide extra content free stuff – if you enter the license key. However I think that each plugin would get installed less times if we could offer a developer license or discount on multiple purchases.

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
corecubed says

As a consumer, I’d much rather pay you guys for a volume/developer license so that I could use a plugin on my clients’ sites without feeling like I’m ripping you off for your hard work. It’s sad that I’m not able to do this.

4 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
Madhart says

This is pretty sad! Shame on Envato for not looking out for their customers and their content contributors! From all that I have read and looked into they have not even provided a decent reason or explanation (Other than it not being easy – which is Bull). They are driving customers away to other competitors and the developers and groups here that have exclusive contracts are left to suffer for lost revenue and business. To all the developers who support multi-use licenses, my hat goes off to you! Best wishes, and I hope a good solution is found either on Envato or elsewhere…

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
darkintruder says

I’m so sorry for the obvious aggressions in the future lines of this post, but following this thread 2 years after it has been started made me extremely extremely disappointed by a platform i adored for the last year.

It’s a joke, that after all these extremely reasonable points and the very calm way of expressing constructive criticism you envato guys still didn’t extend your set of licenses! I can’t believe it. What are you thinking?

I’d strongly recommend to explain yourself with something else than this time-tactics stuff of the past 2 years. Unless there is a LOGICAL explanation for your non-actions on this matter, anyone who reads this thread will be awefully disappointed. Like me.

And now that I read it myself, I’ll work hard on making the contents avaiable to as many people as possible, creating traffic to your pages … without conversion but bad publicity!

Your position towards the matter of this thread directly affects your customers’ (meaning SELLERS on envato) affection for you as a great platform. Don’t mess with your genious businessmodel! Please!

2028 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+9 more
revaxarts says

Any updates on this? Please something official!

331 posts No! It's not a 5 minute job!
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+14 more
WebFactory says

Any updates on this? Please something official!

With a stamp, and a signature :)

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Carmen says

Hi guys, I know it’s been a while since the last comment, but I really wanted to make the effort and come full circle on this for those who are interested. A developer license is something we’re very much aware of and we know a lot of authors and buyers would really like this feature. Although it’s not at the top of our list of immediate priorities at the moment, it is definitely something we are mindful of and continue to evaluate as we move forward.

As an aside, if any buyers are interested in volume sales (and by ‘volume’ we mean in excess of 100 licenses), buyers are welcome and encouraged to contact Support via a Support ticket where someone would be glad to assist with those requests. This is exactly what happened recently when a Cod… author sold 4,500 licenses overnight!

30 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+4 more
jamesckemp says

Out of interest, in what situation would someone need that many licenses?

127 posts
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
marcoarib says

Out of interest, in what situation would someone need that many licenses?

A scenario:

I want to use the script “X” in my website template for sale. The “X” script costs $50 (extended license). I want to use it in 10 templates, so 10 x $50 = $500

Much expensive to me. So i’ll to find another solution, a free solution or i’ll buy much less licenses.

But if i could buy one developer/multi license for $250 allowing to me to use the script 10 times?

Much more interesting.

Good for Envato, author and buyer.

137 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
WordpressGurus says

This is a MUST HAVE, I have no idea why its not on Envato Top Priority List, We are loosing alot of sales.

by
by
by
by
by
by