• Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Staff
egotype Reviewer says

Hey Dudes,

Is anybody here from Germany that is working full time at Graphic River? I need some answers because i want to go full time here. For example – How i will pay taxes? Any experiences with that issue? Hope you could help me and we could start an interesting thread.

Thanks for help man…

69 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
Emil_J says

I don’t think there are many, from such strong economy and high cost of living country, working full time only at GR. At least it’s nothing close to easy way of living and working, but all the more interesting if nothing else. :) If your case is about the technical side of how things work, expand it to ThemeForest and you’ll be more lucky, I believe.

59 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Reviewer
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Staff
egotype Reviewer says

I don’t think there are many, from such strong economy and high cost of living country, working full time only at GR. At least it’s nothing close to easy way of living and working, but all the more interesting if nothing else. :) If your case is about the technical side of how things work, expand it to ThemeForest and you’ll be more lucky, I believe.

Yes maybe you are right…i will expand this thread to TF…maybe there are more people for more answers. Thanks Emil_J

10 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
at-hh Reviewer says

I don’t work full time for graphicriver but I am a full time freelancer. You pay you income tax like for every other income. You have to declare your income in your annual tax return (you probably have to make an “Einnahmen-Überschuss-Rechnung” in which you also state all your expenses like software, computer…). The only difference compared to the income you have in Germany is that the sales you get from envato are “nicht steuerbare Umsätze” which means that you don’t have to pay the sales tax for them. However, you have to declare them as “nicht steuerbare Umsätze” in your “Umsatzsteuervoranmeldung” if you are not a “Kleinunternehmer”. Quite complex subject, I hope it helps a bit but I am not an expert, so no guarantee that all this is correct ;)

59 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Reviewer
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Staff
egotype Reviewer says

I don’t work full time for graphicriver but I am a full time freelancer. You pay you income tax like for every other income. You have to declare your income in your annual tax return (you probably have to make an “Einnahmen-Überschuss-Rechnung” in which you also state all your expenses like software, computer…). The only difference compared to the income you have in Germany is that the sales you get from envato are “nicht steuerbare Umsätze” which means that you don’t have to pay the sales tax for them. However, you have to declare them as “nicht steuerbare Umsätze” in your “Umsatzsteuervoranmeldung” if you are not a “Kleinunternehmer”. Quite complex subject, I hope it helps a bit but I am not an expert, so no guarantee that all this is correct ;)

Hi…many thanks for your information. That´s exactly what i am looking for. Is it possible that i contact you via pm? You know such beautiful words like “Umsatzsteuervoranmeldung” – so i think you are a german. Maybe it is much easier to speak german for this issue? Is that ok? Would be really helpful…

10 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
at-hh Reviewer says

Yes, of course :)