1616 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

Thomas Edison was nothing compared to great Nikola Tesla.
By the way who remembers the Anniversary of Nikola Tesla , the man we owe almost all of our technology today…
Yeah , that is the world we live in… ;)

3565 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

PS: Even if I’m getting alone in this thread, it’s only in this top, bottom, left and right margins… Get out from the thread and there will be millions standing with my points :)

Of course there will be millions .. you guys think SJ is God!

6025 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says

Just sharing one of the inspiring quote from SJ, which I believe most Designers/Engineers would agree:

“When you start looking at a problem and it seems really simple, you don’t really understand the complexity of the problem. Then you get into the problem, and you see that it’s really complicated, and you come up with all these convoluted solutions. That’s sort of the middle, and that’s where most people stop…

But the really great person will keep on going and find the key, the underlying principle of the problem — and come up with an elegant, really beautiful solution that works.”

PS: No one likes to stay on topic? :D

38 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
AppVolt says

Moved to Global Off Topic

Hi guys, myjilson opened this thread as a way of showing respect and remembering someone who he admired. Although no one is obligated to agree, I kindly ask everyone to be a bit more tolerant and refrain from trolling. There is absolutely no point in bashing his point of view. Thanks for your understanding.

It’s amazing how the same clowns keep consistently bashing and trolling some threads :notfunny:

Seriously, get a life.

749 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
myjilson says

PS: Even if I’m getting alone in this thread, it’s only in this top, bottom, left and right margins… Get out from the thread and there will be millions standing with my points :)

:P He is not God and he cannot be. Let me tell you something, If I talk about God here, there will be more people to wash out me :P So I’m sticking to Apple which is quite less (I thought, but it’s not the case I assume) :P

749 posts
+6 more
myjilson says

Well…this thread is progressing as expected.
i almost hate my iPad .. was this expected? :D
Give it to me ;) I will show you how to use it ;):P
oh boy, iOS6 has a lot of bugs :D
After effects I say ;)
3565 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
KrownThemes says

:P He is not God and he cannot be. Let me tell you something, If I talk about God here, there will be more people to wash out me :P So I’m sticking to Apple which is quite less (I thought, but it’s not the case I assume) :P

Okay .. i’m sorry for washing you out! I promise that i’ll behave from now on :)

749 posts
+6 more
myjilson says

Okay .. i’m sorry for washing you out! I promise that i’ll behave from now on :)

;) Never mind. It’s your point :)
Now back to thread topic!

3714 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

But the really great person will keep on going and find the key, the underlying principle of the problem — and come up with an elegant, really beautiful solution that works.”

Is it that exact mentality that has made Steve stand out amongst the giants (imo). It is his way of combining great technology with great style and form. One can argue about the price of Apple’s products or even the way Steve ran his company, but (even though taste is highly subjective) one cannot possibly say Steve did not care about delivering a perfect product. And that’s a mentality that is often lost in this highly competitive market. Do not settle

PS: Did you guys see the video Apple put on their homepage? And the heartfelt message by Tim Cook?

PPS : I’m not saying it was Steve alone that made Apple products stand out, but he brought the team together (especially after his NeXT return), and his strong will definitely shaped the way Apple operated.

by
by
by
by
by
by