613 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
Basspartout says

The reason I ask is that Im seriously considering to get the ‘Total Workstation Bundle’.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/promos/?item_id=673
The offer ends tomorrow, so it’s kind of a last minute decision for me… I have Sampletank free, I like it and used it quite often with Cubase in the past… There’s Miroslav Philharmonik in it- I heard some demos that sounded really good. So what’s your opinion? Should I go for it?

1011 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
simaudio says

I have Sampletank and to be honest i prefer the N.I. stuff, i did see the offer was on and have been thinking about the miroslav being pretty good but after doing some research have discovered that it is probably quite dated anyway so have decided to save my cash.

I did recently buy Albion Spitfire which i have to say is very good but obviously a completely different product than Miroslav, but you should have a listen, it is more of a cinematic library but has some great string, woodwind and brass sounds, i’ve not really had time to investigate yet but i like what i hear, you can use this in the free version of Kontakt.

http://www.spitfireaudio.com/albion.html

Hope this helps :)

1480 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says
The only product that I like from them is Amplitube.
Got their Amplitube free, Sampletank free and got a Miroslav Philharmonik with discount (39$)
http://www.audiomidi.com/Miroslav-Philharmonik-Classik-Edition-Serial/dp/B00860XQXE

I personally heard better sounding stuff. There is “the usual stuff” like legato strings, tremolo, pizzicato, which sound a bit unnatural and there is the “unusual stuff” like noises, breaths etc, but those are cut so short, end so sudden that makes them unusable.
There can be an use, for doubling strings or winds, but alone sounds pretty bad compared with other libraries. Still 39$ for an orchestral library is cheap.
You should check also the “Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra”:
http://sso.mattiaswestlund.net/
1050 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
AlumoAudio says

I’ve been using IKM stuff for years now, as part of my plugin setup. Using Sampletank, Miroslav and T-Racks 3, alongside my NI collection. The main thing I’ve always enjoyed with IKM stuff is the simplicity and ease of use. It works very well with my workflow and I don’t get caught up in fiddling with tons of parameters.

On the subject of Miroslav, Simaudio is right in that it is regarded in the industry as a little dated, in terms of certain sounds (such as the choir collections for example) as it’s been heavily used in film production over the years and done to death. Also, it lacks a lot of current popular orchestral sounds, one of which being war-drums.

Also, it’s worth noting that the library memory size is actually quite small compared to current popular orchestral libraries, and so the definition of sounds are just not as rich or subtle as they presumably contain less multisamples. However, this has never been a problem to me as I mostly layer them within my corporate music and rarely produce orchestral/cinematic music.

There are still plenty of instruments within the library that I still use confidently and by default. The Steinway pianos, for example, are incredible, as are the solo cello and violin sounds. And you even get sounds of the orchestra tuning up, coughing, instrument body noises, etc. It really depends if you want to create orchestral stuff, or just string pad backings. If you want to delve into the world of purist orchestral, something like sim’s suggestion would probably be more appropriate.

EDIT : Sorry Mihai, you beat me to it! I was still writing! LOL

847 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
gbiasillo says

for $200 I’d buy it if I wasn’t already covered in those areas: I have MTron, V-Collection, a shed load of string and orchestral libs (Albion, Symphobia, LASS , Adagio, ...). I think it’s worth getting and you can fill in the gaps / replace areas you use the most and need better libs at a later point once you’ve used them for a while.

613 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
Basspartout says
Thank you guys for your advice so far :)
I’m kind of looking for a “bread and butter” library atm, and as you, Matt, pointed out,
The main thing I’ve always enjoyed with IKM stuff is the simplicity and ease of use. It works very well with my workflow and I don’t get caught up in fiddling with tons of parameters.
that’s my impression from using Sampletank free. Fast, easy and effective and CPU friendly.

I’m not really planning to get into ‘serious’ orchestral/cinematic scoring atm, so Miroslav would be enough for me I guess.
Of course, there is a big difference in Sound to NI, but then we’re talking about 500,- Euro for Komplete compared to 150,- Euro.
So reading your post again, Matt, my use would be very similar to yours, so I’m definitely considering it. I mean, is there any other orchestral library below $200 at all?

1480 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says

Sorry Mihai, you beat me to it! I was still writing! LOL
:D LOL (love old ladies?)

I mean, is there any other orchestral library below $200 at all?
Please read again my post. Miroslav 39$, Sonatina free. If you have Kontakt, then you add:
– Solo French Horn http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=1240
– Solo Trombone http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=1239
– Solo Trumpet http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=1238
48 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
MagnetStudios says

I have Sampletank, Tracks3, and Amplitube, I have to say though I hardly ever use Sampletank, as the sounds seem “old” and dated somehow, maybe just me or the fact I have Kontakt 5 and it’s stuffed full of NI stuff. The thing I use the most though is Tracks 3, I love the quality of their vst’s and the GUI ’s. As for Amplitube, I much prefer Guitar Rig 5. But when it comes to money, sheesh, I’m still sweating from buying all that stuff LOL :-) Like anything it’s about what you can afford…

720 posts
  • Located in Poland
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
FxProSound says

I have total studio bundle and IMHO it’s worth the price. Best things are: Miroslav Philharmonic (legatos orchestrals and strings), Sample tank (smart and fast engine), CSR Reverb (easy to operate with plenty of parameters) and AMPEG SVX (can change bass guitar sound completely). Less usable are Sonic Synth (artificial and outdated) SampleTron (too odd)

1183 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

I used to own Classik Studio Reverb. Well, I still own it, but…uninstalled it.

A great reverb for the price with a really good sound, especially for an algorithm-based reverb.

But then I discovered 2CAudio Aether algorithm reverb – and…byebye CSR ! Good product though, but Aether is the same price, but much better sound. Between Aether and Quantum Leap Spaces (convolution) I don’t go anywhere else for reverb, but everyone has different tastes.

by
by
by
by
by
by