5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
stagebandit says

I have a really good idea, but I am not a designer or developer. So far my interaction with developers/designers is that they dont see the value in a sweat equity based collaboration… Any takers?

463 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeBeans says

I think the issue most designers/developers have is that sweat equity with a non designer/developer doesn’t seem like an intuitive match per workload.

Additionally, we’re all about being productive to earn a solid monthly return. Once that’s set, some devs/designers branch out to the more risky area of revenue – though it’s drastically riskier than what the majority of authors work with here on the Envato Marketplaces.

Best of luck!

5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
stagebandit says

ThemeBeans,

Thank you for taking the time to explain that to me. It does make sense from the dev/designer stand point. I guess from a business stand point, the question is what do you have to lose, especially if one takes two or three sweat equity based project. However, time is money, so I guess if none of the projects pan out, you are in fact losing money. Thanks again. And if you’re interested in working on a project that supports creative talents, including developers and designers, but primarily musicians, dancers, actors, djs, etc. I’d love to chat with you.

463 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeBeans says

ThemeBeans, However, time is money, so I guess if none of the projects pan out, you are in fact losing money.

Too true my friend :)

Sure, I’m all ears for future projects – as long as the opportunity cost is viable then I’ll expend the time/resources. My email is rich(at)themebeans(dot)com.

Cheers, Rich

by
by
by
by
by
by